Administrative Assistant III, Publicity - Motion Picture Group
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/20/2018 11:50:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Administrative Assistant III, Publicity - Motion Picture Group jobs in Culver City-CA
Search all Administrative Assistant III, Publicity - Motion Picture Group postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Administrative Assistant III, Publicity - Motion Picture Group? Administrative Assistant III, Publicity - Motion Picture Group
Title: Administrative Assistant III
Reports to: EVP Publicity
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
Provide full range of administrative support for EVP Publicity including handling phones, calendar, filling, drafting correspondence, meeting coordination, and travel arrangements.
• Manage overall schedule of EVP including coordinating daily calendar, arranging travel, scheduling meetings & handling heavy phones etc.
• Assist EVP in facilitating all filmmaker requests, itineraries, travel coordination, approvals
• Assist with all national publicity activities (i.e. junkets, premieres, press screenings etc.)
• Create and update all film documents and distribute as necessary (memos, calendars, reports)
• Assist EVP in reviewing and distributing press breaks to filmmakers and studio executives
• Assist EVP in overseeing film budgets
• Compile and complete expense reports for EVP
• Handle all private jet requests
• Responsible for liaising with post production regarding film prints & booking all press and guild screenings
• Handle requested research on all projects
• Oversee the creation of campaign PowerPoint presentations & compilation reels when requested by EVP
• Assist publicists with press travel coordination when needed
• Assist in the coordination of the unit publicist upon hiring (payroll, finance etc)
• Responsible for obtaining updated production documents such as one-line schedules, cast & crew lists and scripts
• Assists EVP with all aspects of managing the publicity department
• Assist with developing, executing and managing national ®ional press outreach, grassroots marketing & promotions, photo services, special events, and Academy campaigns
• Interface with studio executives, filmmakers, and talent representatives on a regular basis to solve problems and anticipate potential challenges
• Manage internal personnel on behalf Executive Vice President of Domestic Publicity including four direct reports and staff
• Orchestrate inter-departmental brainstorm and strategy meetings.
• Assist with daily administrative duties including answering heavy phones, drafting memos, expense reports, scheduling meetings/managing executive's calendar, updating binders, etc.
• 3-5 years experience as an administrative assistant in the Entertainment industry
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
• Strong professional ethic; honesty, dedication, ownership and accountability.
• Strong creative skills and innovative approach to publicity.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
• Exceptional attention to detail, unique campaign nuances and shifts in the media marketplace.
• Common sense, dependability, discretion are required.
• Strong computer skills, knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc).
• Solid understanding of the Sony brand and internal synergy needs. Strong inter-departmental working relationships.
• Bachelor's degree required.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Thalberg Bldg This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.