Admin Assistant II, Animation Marketing / PR
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Admin Assistant II, Animation Marketing/PR
Sony Pictures Animation has been producing a variety of award winning animated and family entertainment for audiences around the world since 2002 including the movie franchises Hotel Transylvania, Smurfs and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
The studio released three theatrical features, two series, one short and one direct to home entertainment feature in 2017 which will be followed next by Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation in July 2018; and the groundbreaking animated feature Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse from the minds of Chris Miller and Phil Lord in December 2018 .
Sony Pictures Animation's marketing works closely with other Sony Pictures Entertainment and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment departments such as Creative Advertising, Media, Consumer Products, Partnerships and Distribution through the various stages of release.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Position reports to: Senior Vice President, Marketing
Provide full range of administrative support for SVP including handling phones, calendar, and travel arrangements as well as overall team support.
Detail oriented, fast working, organized, resourceful, friendly, professional and ability to multi-task is key.
• Provide administrative support
• Cover phone in a professional manner, keeping proper call logs and checking voice mail
• Manage calendars
• Book travel
• Help with expense reports and office supplies
• Process and track invoices
• Keep the shared drive (WOPR) and online archives (Ci) organized by renaming, resizing and saving all files in the proper folders
• Support with all marketing events (e.g. book rooms including theater, create basic schedules)
• Create Keynote presentations, Excel charts and Word reports as needed
• Compile agendas and circulate notes for department meetings
• Keep track of ongoing team projects with responsibilities and deadlines
• Order stationary and office supplies e.g. business cards, pencils, etc.
• Assist in brainstorming
• Assist with distribution of materials for approval, including scripts, stills, and talent gifts
• Excellent written & oral communication skills – must have a professional and courteous demeanor when fielding calls & corresponding via email with senior executives, talent, filmmakers, and departments within the organization
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and ideally Keynote & Photoshop)
• MAC proficient
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Must be able to meet deadlines
• Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
• Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude
• 1 to 2 years of experience working Marketing, Publicity, Digital or related field (internships included)
• Demonstrated interest in Marketing preferred
• Entertainment experience a plus
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios