Admin Assistant - Home Entertainment Marketing
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Admin Assistant III - Home Entertainment Marketing
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
The Administrative Assistant III contributes to the accomplishment and success of the Worldwide Marketing SEVP, SVP Strategic Marketing and the Worldwide Marketing Department. This individual provides high-level administrative support within a hectic environment, including scheduling meetings, answering phones, arranging conference calls, managing correspondence, receiving guests, handling information requests, preparing reports, travel arrangements and expense reports. In addition to a multitude of administrative tasks, the assistant will also provide marketing support for meeting, event and conference planning & preparation when necessary.
• Overall administrative responsibilities includes, but are not limited to the following:
• Answer phones and keep log for SEVP, Worldwide Marketing Appointment/meeting scheduling, conference room booking, and meeting set ups (equipment prep., etc.) for SEVP, Worldwide Marketing and SVP Marketing
• Courier calls and distribution of courier deliveries
• Maintaining and archiving a large filing system and product inventory
• Manage ordering of finished product for internal and external parties
• Copying, filing, and routing office collateral, printouts
• Prepare expense reports as well as managing organization of departmental budgets and regular reports
• Arranging travel, both domestic and more complicated international travel
• Organize large group meetings and departmental conferences for various business groups
• Maintain files and various binders used for projects and schedules
• Ordering, storing and distributing supplies
• Document current policies and procedures in the department guidelines as well as implement new procedures for improvement
• Will provide administrative support for other department executives as needed Departmental projects as assigned and other duties as needed
• Manage sensitive and confidential information
• Consults with Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors.
• When assistant responsibilities are mastered and under control, provide learning opportunities in the form of ''informationals'' with other marketing executives, shadowing or attending meetings, working on marketing projects where needed, all with the intention of preparing the assistant to eventually advance within the department, division or company.
This position normally requires a BA.
Experience: Administrative experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Power Point a must
• Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Lotus Notes, and a general understanding of applications and systems
• Prioritize multiple tasks, determine priority by hierarchy and work within tight deadlines
• Be customer service oriented and work with other senior executives
• Be computer savvy with ability to trouble shoot trying to find different alternates to a problem, including a/v and conference room set-up
• Show initiative and problem solve.
• Be resourceful, a self-starter
• Be a team player who is organized, detail oriented and flexible
• Handle confidential information.
• Be in the know regarding LA restaurants, entertainment and cultural activities
• Understand worldwide geography and time zone differences.
• Be flexible for overtime as necessary.
• Strong oral and written communication
• Strong organizational skills
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Akio Morita Building