Account Manager, Promotions & Ecommerce
Sony PicturesBentonville, AR
Full Time Job
Account Manager, Promotions & eCommerce
Account Manager, Walmart Promotions, Ecommerce and Sam's Club has P&L ownership and strategic direction for Sony Pictures distributed product in promotions at Walmart stores, Walmart.com (and Walmart ecommerce subsidiaries) and Sam's Club. Based in Bentonville, Arkansas, the Account Manager will be a positive team member and effective customer manager. Relative to this role, the Account Manager must have expertise with Walmart and creatively negotiate product placement and drive sales and SPHE profit. Marketing and sales background a plus. The Account Manager is responsible for the delivery of Gross Revenue, and Gross Profit goals and ensuring that SPHE meets and exceeds market and organizational goals and expectations.
Achievement of Financial Goals
• Comprehensive P&L understanding (accountability) for promotional space at Walmart, Walmart.com and Sam's Club including trade spend levers and impact
• Achieve SPHE Gross Revenue and Gross Profit goals
• Deliver defined Gross Margin %
• Meet and Exceed goals and expectations for SPHE and the market
• Collaborate with buyers and planners on mutual financial objectives through Joint Business Planning
• Leverage Omni-channel opportunities (Vudu, Walmart.com) to maximize sales across platforms
• Partner with non-entertainment suppliers (grocery, toys, apparel, etc) on opportunities for product placement
Optimize the account efficiencies
• Have an intimate understanding of Walmart systems, product sales and supply chain metrics for success
• Manage and maintain inputs into all systems to support SPHE sales activity
• Ensure delivery of sales forecasts, shipment accuracy and on time metrics within the customer's and internal bench marks
• Use prescribed SPHE business tools to effectively manage and communicate internally.
• Own the accrual process and ensure visibility to exposure (future claims and credits) within the financial year
• Have a clear understanding of the 'true' position of the account
• Be a key partner across all functional teams
Create opportunities to meet & exceed the market
• Be the expert on Sony Pictures content and negotiate effectively to maximize every opportunity
• Understand the competition around pricing, product and placement – and use this to inform a competitive strategy
• Grow the business creatively – (Promotions, placement, pricing, added value, bundling)
• Create, negotiate and execute activities with the customer that deliver to forecast and support the defined sales objectives
• Maximize every promotional facing with sales, consumer and market level data. Leverage franchise, adjacency and other content tools for most profitable promotional results
• Collaborate on VUDU opportunities with Vudu Account Manager and VP of sales
Be the Sales Champion
• Establish and own both internal and external cross functional relationships
• Set the example of customer knowledge with regular retailer visits and report findings
• Actively work with sales peers to manage our go to market, share insights, wins and best practices.
• Be a leader on the team and in the organization
• Have a ''can do'' attitude with internal and external teams
• Product manager and content expert
• Team player
• Fast moving consumer goods experience
• Experience with and knowledge of National retailer trade environment essential
• Experience at Walmart required
• Demonstrable experience in successful commercial contract negotiation
• Experience in collaborating with cross-functional teams
• Leadership in a commercial environment
• Exceptional commercial skill set
• Keen sense of 'process' & entrepreneurial approach
• The highest standard in influencing and interpersonal skills, to build and develop strong client relationships
• Motivational and energetic style
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Process improvement and innovation.
• MS Office Suite, Power point and Excel proficiency
• Proven ability to receive and provide strategic direction in a dynamic, deadline driven environment.
• Passionate with great vision and determination
• Effective delivery of Key Performance Indicators
• Process improvement and innovation.
• Willingness to become expert in SPHE systems and tools. Be self-sufficient!
• Demonstrable analytical abilities.
• Travel as required
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Arkansas Office- AR01