Account Executive- Digital Media Sales
Sony PicturesChicago, IL
Full Time Job
Account Executive- Digital Media Sales
Sony Pictures Television, Digital Networks is looking for an Account Executive- Digital Media Sales to sell a portfolio of products ranging from straight media to deep brand integrations for Sony's video properties that include PlayStation Vue® and Sony Crackle for the Midwest Region. They will also have the ability to sell and leverage the other assets in our network including Pluto on PlayStation, PlayStation Vue and Funimation. Reporting to the VP of Midwest, the Account Executive will be an exceptional digital sales professional and integral part of the company's advertising business across online, mobile, and connected TV.
The Account Executive will drive towards a quarterly sales goal and own an individual goal and client list while building and managing his/her own business within the region, overseeing all campaign executions with other digital support teams including Ad Operations, Ad Solutions and Media Planning. The Account Executive will need to be a dynamic individual with a passion for generating new business and hitting sales goals while properly developing Midwest based client and agency relationships. To succeed in the emerging digital entertainment and video streaming space, the Account Executive will need to display a number of strengths including access to key client and agency media decision-makers, consultative selling, meticulous planning, pipeline management and prospect list development.
About Sony Crackle
Sony Crackle is the place to escape and recharge, with exclusive Originals, blockbuster movies and hit TV shows for a console-first and connected streaming audience. Sony Pictures Television Networks' free, ad-supported network offers a handpicked, constantly updated programming line-up, like binge-worthy Sony Crackle Originals such as ''The Oath,'' ''Snatch,'' ''StartUp'' and ''SuperMansion,'' as well as movies and series in genres including Drama, Action, Fandom, Comedy and Thriller. The network is all on demand and accessible in the U.S. for free without subscription. Sony Crackle is available in 21 countries on a wide variety of connected devices. For more information, go to www.sonycrackle.com or follow @SonyCrackle on Facebook , Instagram and Twitter for real-time updates.
PlayStation® offers portable entertainment through amazing gameplay experiences that inspire people across the world. PlayStation family of products include the PlayStation®4, PlayStation®3, PlayStation® Vita, PlayStation® Mobile and PlayStation® Network.
Direct Sales, Sales Strategy & Management
• Manage, grow, and maintain a named account list in the Midwest Region that consistently attains quarterly revenue goals with a combination of new business and renewals.
• Develop a sales strategy and business plan for an account list/territory for generating revenue through premium direct sales to brands and agencies as well as RFP agency business.
• Drive weekly pipeline development through qualified daily meetings in the field with key clients and decision makers.
• Personally build and maintain deep relationships with key advertisers (heavy focus on Midwest agencies but also with brand/clients).
• Work with ad solutions and research teams to utilize data and research as a key means for generating sales interest and prospecting in PlayStation and the Crackle Network.
• Identify and close strategic seven figure partnerships driven by any combination of Crackle Network products including media/CPM, product placement, talent/music integrations and/or deep brand integrations into video.
Pipeline & Campaign Management
• Provide real time sales revenue and pipeline reporting for a named list/territory and consistently forecast the revenue pacing via internal CRM tools & databases.
• Work with internal stakeholders & support teams to successfully create, execute, optimize and review all campaigns in a named territory.
• Work with regional VP to communicate product feedback from customers within Crackle Network.
• Bachelor's degree, preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years successful digital advertising experience, including a track record of outstanding results in attaining quarterly revenue goals.
• Experience successfully managing a sales territory in emerging platforms (e.g., video, mobile, gaming, or connected TV).
• Proven track record in developing seven figure plus deals through direct communication with brand/client contacts and agencies.
• Prior experience working with ad solutions teams in crafting client programs.
• Outstanding communications skills including demonstrated negotiation skills and exemplary consultative selling skills.
• A network of mid-senior level relationships and relevant contacts at both clients and agencies within key categories (Male, Auto, CPG Food, QSR, Technology, Gaming, Studio, Retail, Men's Health & Grooming).
• Organized, proactive and results-oriented.
• Experience with video media sales required.
• Intimate knowledge of digital media business client, agency and digital vendors/partners requirements
• Industry advertising pricing and competitive trends in video and digital sales industries
• Media plans, IAB terms and conditions, Ad-serving platforms, Ad technologies
• comScore, Nielsen and other required research needed for sales activities
• Sales & pipeline management
• Communication (e.g., presenting, meetings, speaking, building presentations, etc.)
• Prospecting, closing and renewing client business
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics
* Sony Pictures - IL - Chicago