VP, Brand Marketing
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
As a member of the Marketing department, this individual will plan, develop and implement innovative and effective marketing plans.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Drive ‘video product placement’ and ‘experiential sponsorship’ pitches to close wide ranging deals with brands, media and other potential partners.
• Build and maintain an always evolving database of current and potential target marketing leaders for all industries that engage with music and entertainment sector.
• Create and maintain thorough tracking of all outreach (email, calls & meetings), targeted client engagements and partnership development.
• Co-lead or lead weekly department target status meetings and generate weekly activity summary.
• Lead in the creation and maintenance of all department client target collaterals (including artist one-sheets & decks; artist tour ticket solicitation; video product placement solicitation one-sheets; initiative/campaign one-sheets, etc…
• Build and manage robust, innovative and impactful marketing campaigns for priority projects.
• Negotiate and manage marketing budgets for project campaigns.
• Work with Content Group and A&R to ensure comprehensive, cohesive delivery of all content and product related elements.
• Serve as primary point of contact with artists and management regarding marketing activities
• Oversee all processes related to product packaging and project marketing
• Maintain artist calendars and promo itineraries for artists to update label
• 10 years of progressive marketing experience in the entertainment industry.
• Creative self-starter with ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Passionate music fan with broad knowledge of music
• Outstanding attention to organization and detail.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and a broad knowledge of the digital landscape.
• Strong interpersonal skills - able to communicate with all levels of global management.
• Previous involvement in the music business, preferably at a record label with prior marketing/product management experience.