Vice President, Promotion
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Vice President, Promotion is responsible for creating and maximizing exposure for Arista artists through national radio airplay. This includes soliciting and securing airplay and developing and coordinating radio strategy and promotions with both national and local radio as well as other media/retail outlets.
• Work with the EVP, Promotion on the creation and implementation of strategies/plans to work singles within different radio formats.
• Liaise with the staff as directed on Promo Tours while providing direction and support on the national level.
• Create presentations, one-sheets, and e-blasts for priority artists.
• Create and distribute format one sheets for regional staff.
• Liaise with national platforms and national programming offices.
• Secure airplay/adds/rotations at radio stations.
• Find effective ways of utilizing relationships, communications skills and compelling information/statistics.
Specific duties include:
• Establish and maintain excellent relationships with station staff.
• Discuss current priorities and future releases.
• Cover radio shows when artists tour particular markets.
• Get adds/airplay.
• Serve as a label representative when dealing with national markets.
• At least 8 years of progressive Pop/Hot AC/Rhythm radio promotion experience at a record label.
• College Degree Preferred.
• Must have a strong understanding of the compliance issues/rules as they relate to radio promotion.
• Keeping a positive, professional and calm attitude when working with artists and programmers regardless of the situation that arises.
• Choosing the most effective promotion for the right station and their audience.
• Awareness of local music market.
• Basic computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet (including social networking tools). Also knowledge of trade related software including Broadcast Data Systems (BDS), SoundScan, and Music Information Systems (R&R, Add Tracker, Mediabase).
• Prior experience with LIS and PRS strongly preferred.
• Excellent personal communication skills, extremely organized, ability to work well independently.
• Love and knowledge of music is a must.