Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music & The Orchard seek an experienced Technical Recruiter to join the Talent Acquisition team.
If you have a passion for music, a creative medium, people and enjoy coming up with new and innovative ways to attract talent while working across extraordinary label brands, catalogue, digital businesses, and corporate functions in pursuit of the Music industry’s most talented individuals, this opportunity is ideal for you!
You will be identifying future talent and engaging our next generation of executives. In this role you will manage the end to end recruitment process, including exempt and non-exempt positions, providing recruitment best practices to this fast moving and creative business.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• Source, recruit, interview and hire candidates for multiple business units under the Sony Music umbrella.
• Technical Recruitment with a proven track record of success.
• Brainstorm and implement creative means of meeting and attracting new talent.
• Create and build strong working relationships with client hiring manager.
• Partner with HR business partners to build a deep rapport and a proven track record as a trusted advisor.
• Develop and implement sourcing strategies in conjunction with assigned clients that build pipelines of diverse candidates for key skill sets and commonly open positions.
• Work individually with Hiring Managers to execute recruiting activities to fill current openings at all levels within assigned client group.
• Through superior networking skills, build knowledge and understanding of industry and functions including priorities, people challenges, and organization structure.
• Build relationships with hiring managers and executives through strong client services and effective consulting on staffing issues.
• Develop and implement specific recruitment strategies for open positions.
• Proactively identify and evaluate the needs of client hiring and senior managers from the point of view of job content and fit with the client organization.
• Develop strong interpersonal relationships and appropriate rapport with all levels within client organizations, candidates, internal colleagues and management.
• Establish effective communication strategies to ensure appropriate flow of communication in all directions.
• Ensure all pre-boarding requirements are met and communicated to ensure a smooth onboarding experience for all of our newly hired employees.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Minimum of 3 years of high-volume full lifecycle Technical recruiting within a corporate and/or recruitment agency environment.
• Expert level knowledge in all full lifecycle recruiting components including sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, wage and salary trends, and relationship management.
• Experience with an ATS (iCIMS or GreenHouse preferred) and benchmarking metrics.
• Must be able to plan and prioritize against competing priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve results when working across organizational boundaries.
• Knowledge of HR administrations, best practices, and compliance.
• Strong proficiency in computer software applications. (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
• Possess excellent project management, written, oral communication, and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
• Detail oriented, organized, flexible, timely and accurate.
• Possess a “can do” attitude, team player, and someone who is passionate about a future in HR.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• SCOPE: Implements activities that impact discrete components / processes of the work of own unit / team / projects. Assists on new and innovative projects and initiatives.
• KNOWLEDGE / PROBLEM SOLVING: Demonstrates proficiency in several areas of the professional function. Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
• NEGOTIATIONS / INTERACTIONS: Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
• ASSIGNMENT OF WORK: Receives work in the form of short-term assignments that often require the application of independent judgment. Implements assigned projects independently with regular guidance.