Sr. Director, Urban Catalog Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Sr. Director, Urban Catalog Marketing will be responsible for developing opportunities to increase audience and revenue around Sony Music’s urban music catalog.
• Direct and lead a team to drive audience development, engagement and revenue around the Sony Music urban music catalog.
• Seek out new partnerships to accelerate and grow key performance indicators.
• Influence the online behavior and consumption habits of core urban music consumers.
• Manage quarterly marketing budgets.
• Attend and contribute to all relevant internal company meetings and provide department head with timely feedback and follow-up.
• Partner closely with frontline labels to find creative ways to market artist catalogs leading up to new releases and between new album cycles.
• Communicate with global counterparts sharing campaign strategies best practices.
• Oversee creative strategy and elements for campaigns, working with internal creative teams and external agencies as needed.
• At least 5 years of relevant urban marketing experience and at least 7 years of overall marketing experience.
• Deep understanding of all streaming platforms and behavior.
• Dynamic team leader and passionate music fan with broad knowledge of urban music and the digital landscape.
• Established network within urban music and digital communities.
• Collaborative approach and demonstrated experience in managing a wide spectrum of personalities across departments, labels, managers and artists.
• Creative self-starter with ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
• Outstanding attention to organization and detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under stressful and demanding timelines.
• Must be curious and adaptable and accepting of abrupt change and unforeseen challenges.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.