Specialist, International Digital Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Specialist, International Digital Marketing will work closely with the Sony Music U.S., International Digital and Marketing teams, as well as the domestic digital teams at the US labels, and international affiliate marketing teams, to develop and carry out the international digital marketing and promotional strategies for a diverse roster of artists.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• Primary point person who collaborates with international product managers to develop and execute full online marketing plans for a diverse roster of artists.
• Lead and coordinate streaming marketing, digital advertising, social media & CRM campaigns for artists and projects.
• Monitor analytics on streaming platforms, understand the consumption patterns and craft tailor made campaigns to maximize music consumption.
• Work with affiliate marketing teams to create online advertising and social media outreach campaigns in support of international artist promotional trips.
• Assure that all local country-marketing teams and their partners get the assets and attention they need to execute effective local promotions.
• Attend and actively participate in meetings, brainstorm sessions and conference calls with local country marketing teams.
• Work closely with domestic digital marketing counterparts to maximize US online marketing plans internationally.
• Interface with artists, artist managers, third party partners, and vendors.
• Create and maintain relationships with key international promotional partners including music portals, video and music websites, and any other partners appropriate to market and sell music online.
• Develop a reputation as a go-to positive person who is constantly resourceful with a great attitude.
• Manage all aspects of international contesting, including the collection of terms and conditions from participating territories.
• Collaborate with internal of external production teams to create web tools, social network enhancements, video players, banner assets and other tools that drive traffic, build fan engagement and artist loyalty internationally.
• Work with sales teams to maximize retail promotional opportunities/support retail initiatives.
• Manage artist social network updates for international artists. Coordinate information flow from country marketing teams to managers/artists/estates.
• Collect and comprehend data. Distribute analytics reports to the team using systems such as Next Big Sound, Google Analytics and other internal analytics properties.
• Use social media tools and other analytics platforms to identify campaign targets for international online campaigns (influencers and other online partners).
• Create and implement campaigns focused on data collection; Maintain and nurture existing newsletter lists to ensure they are messaged consistently and efficiently.
• 2-3 years experience in music industry. Digital and/or International experience highly preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of the international music marketplace.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the music streaming landscape.
• Social Media Obsessed: Demonstrated knowledge of and professional experience with social platforms.
• Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities, as well as in the work environment, and have the ability to be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks.
• Must be experienced and skilled performing in a liaison role between artists/artist management teams, our foreign affiliates and domestic label teams using tact, persuasion, timing and facilitating direct communication when appropriate while retaining trust of all parties.
• A team player that is not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to help out the team.
• Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
• Data analysis/research skills.
• Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to speak in forums, meetings and presentations.
• Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills.
• Bachelors degree preferred.