Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Headquartered in New York, Los Angeles and London with operations in global markets around the world, The Orchard is a music, video, and film distributor specializing in comprehensive digital strategies for content owners. The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Director of Accounting.
• Maintain the capitalized software and fixed asset register. Work with the IT department to review invoices and determine the useful lives for capitalized projects. Analyze monthly amortization and depreciation is in line with the budget and forecast.
• Maintain the intangible assets schedule for monthly additions. Analyze monthly amortization is in line with the budget and forecast.
• Work with other domestic and international finance groups to consolidate and analyze monthly financial results.
• Assist in the month end close process by preparing various manual journal entries in SAP, maintain various balance sheet reconciliations and schedules, and analyze account movements.
• Accounts Payable liaison between employees and Sony Accounts Payable. Assist in reviewing and correct invoice coding, etc.
• Prepare royalty payments to label and producers in the online payment application.
• Add new users and implement policy changes to the T&E system. Audit consultants’ T&E expense reports for compliance and GL accounting coding.
• Prepare a list of domestic and foreign vendors to provide to the company’s third party service provider for the annual 1099 and 1042 tax form submission to the IRS.
• Assist in ad-hoc integration projects.
• BS in Accounting with a minimum of 1 years accounting experience.
• Must be detail oriented with an ability to work independently, self-starter, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
• Must be a team player and motivated and proactive to learn and do.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Experience with SAP is a plus.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.