Sony MusicNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Monument Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment, is a multi-genre label based in Nashville. Under the leadership of Jason Owen and Shane McAnally, Monument launched in 2017 with flagship artists Walker Hayes and Caitlyn Smith.
Monument Records is searching for a creative, detailed, innovative and relationship driven professional who can help make a direct impact for all of our artists.
The Publicist is an all-encompassing role that creates and executes the public relations strategy of the artist roster and Monument Records as a whole
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
• Develop and drive overall publicity strategy for artist roster
• Pitch and obtain major national TV, print and digital exposure with consumer outlets and trade publications
• Collaborate with the marketing staff on artist, album and single launch plans
• Write and service press releases, media alerts, press conferences etc.
• Oversee media training and artist messaging on new and developing acts
• Oversee award show involvement, ensuring voting criteria and submission deadlines are met and facilitating red carpets and press on site.
• Create and maintain all tools needed. Ie: talking points, bios, press kits, press site, files etc
• Work with creative to select all press photo needs
• Seek out and maintain relationships and maintain database for all PR contacts
• Plan and book artist travel for media events
• Oversee and maintain guest lists, evites, etc for label driven events
• Create and maintain project media budgets
• Oversee, schedule and execute music servicing to press
• Collaborate and coordinate with any artist independent publicists to maintain the same strategies and goals and work
• Oversee corporate communications with Sony
• Oversee publicity for Monument as a company in addition to artist roster
• Experience with a record label, entertainment company or independent publicists in the entertainment industry (generally gained through 3 or more years of experience))
• Excellent relationships with TV talent bookers and executives, publications editors and journalists, as well as proven ability to build and maintain connections with these and other key influencers across the US
• College degree preferred, but not required
• Willing to work frequent nights/weekends and be available for travel
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in music not required, but is a definite plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to express thoughts clearly and succinctly
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment
• Proven experience meeting deadlines, working on multiple priority tasks simultaneously; proven ability to maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
• Strong attention to detail
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job! Take note to identify any experiences related to the job requirements described above.
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps.
* Apply for this job online.
* Click on “Update Profile.” From there, upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
We communicate with applicants by email. If you don’t receive an email confirming our receipt of your application, please check your spam filter and add us to your “allowed” email list: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.