Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Producer, Content will work as a creative engine for assets to support reissue and catalog campaigns for Sony Music's heritage artists, as well as create Legacy new product lines. The Producer will act as a true partner with the Marketing leads on projects and campaigns for a variety of our catalog artists.
The Producer will have daily interactions with the most high level and sensitive of artist management and their creative and social/digital teams. This position also includes, but is not limited to, the following:
• Work with the creative and marketing teams to determine overarching story for the content suite prior to production and then bring the vision to life.
• Occasionally act as the primary content contact with artists, management and estates on priority projects for Sony Music Catalog and on some projects work as the secondary contact supporting the more senior producers.
• Find creative solutions to make content feel compelling and fresh even when given limited archival assets and potentially no access to an artist.
• Ability to help oversee original content production including long-form documentaries and music videos in support of the more senior producers.
• Work with marketing team to create compelling digital marketing and advertising tools to launch and maintain campaigns.
• Stay current with all trends in new content platforms and of new technology for content development.
• Assist in training of Associate Producers when needed.
• Work with the physical packaging producer/Visual A&R team to source photos and videos for a thematically consistent campaign when necessary.
• Develop, manage and track content budgets.
• Research and hire 3rd party production companies and freelancers (editors, animators, photographers, Directors etc.) as needed.
• Research relevant materials in the photo and video archives, license 3rd party materials if necessary.
• Interface with Marketing and A&R for brainstorms and project development.
• Work with Business Affairs to ensure all usage rights are in place.
• Work with Marketing team to create compelling physical and digital marketing tools to launch and maintain campaigns.
• Work with copywriters to write social copy and scripts for DSPs when needed.
• Candidate must have at least 3 years of related and relevant experience.
• A college degree is strongly preferred.
• Significant advancement in all skills previously listed.
• Keen eye for style, especially in the digital landscape combined with an eye toward budgetary/financial constraints.
• Managerial and interpersonal skills.
• Great understanding of content, music, and marketing landscapes.
• High level of creativity and “out-of-box” thinking.
• Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet.
• Pre-existing relationships with artists, management and estates is strongly desired.
• Will require Mac computer proficiency as well as good knowledge and usage of all social platforms and best practices.
• Occasional travel required, occasional lifting as needed on shoots.