Sony MusicFranklin, TN
Part Time Job
Part-time Operations Assistant (mailroom & courier)
• Are you looking for a part-time job with regular Monday through Friday hours AND benefits?
• Do you have a safe driving record?
• Do you like a job where you stay physically active?
Then consider this part-time position with leading Christian music company Provident Music Group where you will coordinate the day-to-day operations of a low-volume mailroom, serve as the company courier, and occasionally complete very basic office maintenance and repairs. In general, you will help support a thriving team in an attractive corporate office in the Cool Springs area of Franklin.
The job is 20 hours each week, 4 hours each day from 10:00 am until 2 pm.
Provident Music Group is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment.
Provident Music Group (PMG) is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment and includes Provident Label Group, RCA Inspiration, Verity Records, Provident Films, Provident Distribution, Essential Artist Services, and Essential Music Publishing.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace
• Coordinate day-to-day mailroom operations
• Load, secure, protect, and unload company product and various packages into company van
• Sign for and deliver incoming packages
• Process outgoing mail and packages in a timely and efficient manner
• Maintain required records
• Order supplies
• Maintain cleanliness & organization of mailroom
• Act as company courier
• Pick-up, deliver and track packages at various locations throughout middle Tennessee; review/verify orders; provide exceptional customer service to client
• Safely transport product and packages, ensuring timely delivery of goods
• Complete necessary paperwork
• Present a professional image to clients and the public through appearance and interaction.
• Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly vehicle; conduct regular vehicle checks to ensure proper operation and prevent potential problems; schedule and take van for routine service; report any malfunctions
• Order and maintain necessary stock of supplies and items for kitchen, coffee bars, copy stations, and beverage coolers; maintain appearance and condition of these areas; empty recycle containers
• Set-up and re-set chairs, tables, and sliding walls for events in central meeting space
• Perform very basic office maintenance and repairs (such as painting touch-up and minor cleanups)
• Partner with Office Assistant to maintain communication with property management company regarding any upkeep or repairs needed within office suites; help monitor until problem is resolved
• Occasionally execute office moves, lifting and relocating furniture, equipment and other items
• Valid US driver’s license and safe driving record required; successfully complete pre-employment background check and drug screening
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on a daily basis, and up to 75 pounds occasionally
• Ability to spend majority of work time on feet: walking, standing for extended periods, bending, twisting, turning, squatting, and lifting items overhead
• Experience driving in a safe manner, with ability to determine efficient routing between multiple points
• Demonstrated dependability and reliability in prior jobs
• Basic skill with tools such as drills, hammers, and paintbrushes
• Ability to use Outlook to manage calendar, task reminders, and flag email for follow-up; basic proficiency in MS Word and Excel
• Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations within a reasonable amount of time
• Proven ability to develop and maintain constructive working relationships
• Ability to master basic mailroom machinery
• Willingness to work for a company that expands the message of Christian music artists
The ideal candidate will have…
• previous reliable work attendance, as well as a track record of showing up on time
• strong customer service skills with a positive and professional attitude
We offer benefits not typically found with part-time positions:
• A regular schedule Monday through Friday with all weekends off
• Paid time off including vacation days, sick days and holidays (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
• Medical, dental, & vision insurance
• 401(K) with company match
• Life insurance and disability benefits
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps.
* Apply for this job online.
* Click on “Update Profile.” From there, upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
We communicate with applicants by email. If you don’t receive an email confirming our receipt of your application, please check your spam filter and add us to your “allowed” email list.