Sony MusicMiami, FL
Full Time Job
As part of the US Latin International Repertoire team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for the planning, development, pitching and execution of innovative marketing strategies to launch, brand and develop artists throughout the product lifecycle for assigned artist projects.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
• Contribute to the creation, development, and execution of marketing strategies, packaging design, ad campaigns, and tour planning.
• Participate in short and long term creative planning to ensure a clear and consistent message for assigned projects.
• Oversee and approve design and timely production of commercial and promotional product, including advertising materials, album packaging, videos, retail displays and posters.
• Participate in managing release schedule as it pertains to assigned projects.
• Research and evaluate customer needs, industry landscape, and market trends.
• Identify and analyze new and innovative exposure and revenue generating opportunities for assigned artists.
• Negotiate, allocate and manage project budgets.
• Work closely with the Publicity department to research and coordinate press opportunities.
• Work with the A&R department for the early planning of new projects and creation of tools.
• Work closely with the Digital Marketing team on the planning and execution of online and mobile marketing plans and strategies.
• Work with the Sales department to meet or exceed sales targets.
• Work with International Marketing department to ensure marketing plans and project needs are met and executed on a global basis.
• Liaise with artists, management, radio personnel, the promotion and sales departments and local reps to organize in-market opportunities to maximize artist exposure to core demographic.
• Plan and execute artist showcases/listening parties/events for media and industry personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• At least 3-4 years of marketing experience in the entertainment industry.
• Proven track record of successfully working with brands, media partners and event live promoters to create and execute best-in-class innovative marketing programs and promotions.
• Key contacts with media, brands, booking agencies and live promoters
• Demonstrated high-level relationship building and negotiating skills.
• Public relations and communications skills mainly focusing on cultivating and maintaining the image of the label's artists, developing their public and media relations. Promoting tours, albums, and campaigns to increase exposure and generate sales.
• Ability to read, write and speak Spanish fluently strongly preferred
• Strong marketing, project management, and problem solving skills.
• Must be highly organized and capable of developing and keeping to a project timeline.
• Successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
• Passionate music fan with broad knowledge of music. Good knowledge of Latin music market.
• Exceptional communication and negotiation skills.
• Must be adept in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook to create multiple artist schedules and budgets.
• Proven knowledge of sales and marketing strategies.
• Solid understanding of consumer trends and opportunities.
• Ability to think creatively and independently, as well as collaboratively.
• Excellent communication and relationship skills with all levels of executives, management and administrative staff.
• Polished presentation and group speaking skills using various media, ability to appeal to variety of customers.