Sony MusicNashville, TN
Full Time Job
If you have a proactive spirit that leads you to take ownership of tasks…
If you’re a highly organized individual who pays attention to even the tiniest details…
Then consider this rewarding position as a Marketing Coordinator at Sony Music Nashville. Use your methodical approach to balance priority projects, and your collaborative style to become a valuable part of the team.
The Marketing team at Sony Music Nashville (SMN) develops marketing campaigns for brand exposure for our roster of industry-leading artists. We need someone who enjoys a behind-the-scenes role where your administrative excellence can shine. We are looking for a department coordinator who has a special blend of skills…a highly organized multitasker who enjoys building and fostering professional relationships.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
• Assist Marketing Director and assigned artist roster with administrative tasks, including: processing expense reports, booking travel, managing and maintaining budgets, digital and physical music servicing
• Support Marketing Director with execution of artist marketing plans; follow through with various departments to ensure deadlines are met
• Assist Marketing Director with creating and updating key internal marketing plan documents
• Coordinate with functional teams to compile marketing plans for assigned artist roster and special projects while tracking the success and results of action in the plan
• Liaise with marketing vendors to ensure invoices are received correctly and processed in a timely manner
• Oversee creation of marketing assets for assigned artist roster (sales pages, one sheets, sizzle reels, advertisements, autographed items, RIAA Plaques/awards, promotional items, etc)
• Serve as contributing member of overall marketing efforts surrounding assigned artists song/album releases
• Compose and edit marketing copy for ad campaigns, video scripts and various marketing assets as necessary
• Oversee all details of key industry events and artist shows in NY, LA & Nashville
• Attend industry events and artist appearances as necessary
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects with excellence, typically gained from internship or relative work experience, implementing marketing plans or providing coordination support for marketing team
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of the current marketing landscape and digital platforms
• Excellent creative thinking skills
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal); proven professional interpersonal skills a must
• Excellent administrative and organizational skills, including proficiencies in MS Office applications (particularly Excel & PowerPoint)
• Strong attention to detail
• Must be flexible
• Working knowledge of the Country music industry preferred
• Experience in music, lifestyle, entertainment, or other creative industry desired
The ideal candidate will be eager to take on new challenges. The ideal candidate will have a positive, teachable work attitude and help the team focus on numerous priorities at once through organization. The ideal candidate will also have strong leadership skills in terms of helping others follow through and meet deadlines.
Sony Music Nashville includes three country label operations – Arista Nashville, Columbia Nashville and RCA Records Label Nashville. Enjoy a beautiful downtown Nashville workspace (in “the Gulch” development) with amazing views AND free parking. Sony offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as 401(k) match, and generous paid time off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
No relocation expenses will be paid.
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job! In particular, take note to identify any experiences related to the job requirements and the “ideal” candidate described above.
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps.
* Apply for this job online.
* Click on “Update Profile.” From there, upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
We communicate with applicants by email. If you don’t receive an email confirming our receipt of your application, please check your spam filter and add us to your “allowed” email list: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.