Manager, Urban Sales, Marketing, and Promotions
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manager, Urban Sales, Marketing, and Promotions, North America
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a NY-based Urban Sales and Marketing Manager. The position will act as a relationship, strategy, sales and marketing manager for key urban genre clients. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of and experience in the genre, is knowledgeable about digital retail, maintains strong interpersonal relationships with key players at the main platforms, is highly organized and able to multitask. An ability to spot and harness sales trends and insights to drive revenue and a love for urban music is a must. This role reports to the VP, Sales, North America.
• Manage and evolve high level relationships with key Urban genre tastemakers.
• Highlight urban trends within platforms (playlists) and off platform (marketing tools).
• Manage day-to-day label and sales relationships creating marketing pitches to all digital music services, following established Orchard process. This person will work alongside the Retail Team, who are responsible to pitch the releases.
• Strategize and manage priority urban releases from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary.
• Prioritize urban release schedule to execute on client needs and proactively communicate analysis and results.
• Work with the Interactive Marketing Team at The Orchard to develop cutting edge marketing plans.
• Create metrics and case studies around content performance and visibility, impact of marketing initiatives and retail response to promotions.
• Proactively identify potential growth areas and anticipate issues, and highlight areas for discovery.
• Work with label team to identify and execute high-revenue opportunities.
• Act as local industry representative attending events and conferences as required.
• Strong experience and understanding of the local music industry and digital landscape.
• Experience within a label or distribution company managing catalogues, frontline releases and relationships.
• Experience working in sales, marketing, promotions and/or A&R preferred
• Excellent knowledge of the digital space, including music retail, analytics and social media, with an ability to adapt to a constantly changing landscape.
• Ability to develop and maintain high level relationships with key players across the genre.
• Highly advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written skills, ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
• Passionate about Independent music, with a willingness to attend industry events and shows.
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required and ability to travel.
The Orchard, a pioneering independent music and video distribution company operating in more than 30 global markets, provides an innovative and comprehensive sales and marketing platform for content owners. With industry-leading technology and operations, The Orchard’s creative, tailored approach streamlines its clients’ business complexity while amplifying reach and revenue across hundreds of digital and mobile outlets and physical retailers around the world. The Orchard was founded in 1997 to foster independence and creativity in the music industry.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.