Manager, Special Products
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is hiring a dynamic Manager, Special Products to join our dynamic NYC (East Village) office.
Reporting to the Director, Owned Repertoire & Special Products, The Orchard has an immediate opening for a full-time Manager, Special Products. This position requires a broad base of knowledge throughout all facets of the music business, and is best suited for someone with a keen interest in contributing to both marketing and operational initiatives.
Candidate must be organized, detail oriented and thorough, with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once. Must be creative, a strong critical thinker, problem solver, and self-starter. Strong written, verbal and analytical skills required.
• Create and implement marketing and social media campaigns for owned content to drive revenue, with an emphasis on streaming platforms.
• Create reports for each marketing campaign.
• Propose and execute bespoke, non-traditional campaigns with artists and artist management.
• Create original digital content for marketing campaigns.
• Maintain owned-label websites and other digital properties, creating new sites as needed.
• Work with team on playlisting strategy.
• Resolve issues around product delivered to DSPs in tandem with QC team.
• Develop knowledge of distributed and owned labels and associated rights/restrictions.
• Create ad hoc reports as needed.
• Eagerly tackle unprecedented tasks in an environment of evolving priorities.
• Act in a flexible manner as day-to-day responsibilities may shift quickly.
• Minimum experience of three years managing digital marketing campaigns at a record label or distributor.
• Thorough working knowledge of Facebook Power Editor, Google AdWords, Amazon Marketing Services, and other digital and/or social media advertising platforms. Working knowledge of all associated analytics to inform and drive campaigns.
• Thorough working knowledge of social media platforms, SEO.
• Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Final Cut Pro.
• Ability to interface effectively with internal departments as well as external artists and artist management.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment. Not afraid to work through occasional ambiguity.
• Comprehensive knowledge of the iTunes Style Guide is preferred.
The ideal candidate is:
• A self-driven, creative problem solver and critical thinker.
• Able to translate strategy into practice.
• Well versed in changes in the digital music landscape.
• Passionate about music.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.