Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Manager we are looking for is a proactive individual with music publicity, media experience and established industry relationships. This role will consist of planning, strategizing and executing publicity campaigns.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• Work with marketing team to help establish artist proposition and secure outlets that will best highlight these attributes.
• Work artists and company events including shows and launch parties, plaque presentations and general meet and greets.
• Spearhead planning and execution of press/promo days and events.
• Liaise with streaming account editorial teams to maximize exposure for label repertoire.
• Develop playlist strategy for artist campaigns in conjunction with label sales team.
• Create off cycle demand to engage fans and drive stream volume for artists year round.
• Foster mutually beneficial relationships with account editorial teams.
• Create compelling pitches for artists to excite and engage partners.
• 3-5 music industry and publicity experience.
• Knowledge of hip-hop music and culture.
• Self-starter, flexible, and comfortable multi-tasking and working with many departments.
• Ability to meet deadlines and perform well under pressure in an ever-changing environment.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
• Strong writing skills (ability to provide examples of work.).
• Strong media relationships.