Manager, International Digital Sales
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Manager, International Digital Sales will work closely with the Sony Music U.S., International Digital and Marketing teams, as well as the domestic digital and sales teams at the US labels, and international affiliate marketing teams, to develop and carry out the international digital Sales and promotional strategies for a diverse roster of artists.
• Primary point person for all things international digital sales for a diverse roster of artists.
• Collaborates with international product managers to develop and execute full sales plans.
• Work with international digital sales teams to maximize retail promotional opportunities and support retail initiatives.
• Assure that all local affiliate teams and their partners get the assets and attention they need to execute effective promotions.
• Communicate retail and digital sales plan updates to markets and participate in weekly calls with the affiliates.
• Monitor analytics on streaming platforms, understand patterns and craft tailor made campaigns to maximize music consumption.
• Participate in wider global or local partner acquisition campaigns (with Global Digital Business and Partner Development teams).
• Attend and actively participate in meetings, brainstorm sessions and conference calls with local sales teams.
• Distribute watermarked streams to internal sales teams, international retail partners.
• Help execute D2C campaigns.
• Collect and comprehend data. Distribute analytics reports to the marketing teams and to artist management.
• Develop a reputation as a go-to positive person who is constantly resourceful with a great attitude.
• 5 years experience in music industry. Sales, digital and/or International experience highly preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of the international music marketplace.
• Thorough understanding of current digital music distribution partners and industry best practices.
• Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities, as well as in the work environment, and have the ability to be flexible in adapting to re-prioritized tasks.
• Must be experienced and skilled performing in a liaison role between artist management teams, our foreign affiliates and domestic label teams using tact, persuasion, timing and facilitating direct communication when appropriate while retaining trust of all parties.
• A team player that is not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to help out the team.
• Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
• Data analysis/research skills.
• Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to speak in forums, meetings and presentations.
• Creative, self-starter with exceptional follow-up skills.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.