Manager, Business Affairs Administration
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Manager, Business Affairs Administration will manage a variety of business affairs administration and licensing matters as part of a centralized core group on behalf of Sony Music Entertainment affiliated US labels (RCA Records, Epic Records, Columbia Records, etc.).
Request, negotiate, draft, review and administer various agreements in capacity of licensee and licensor on behalf of SME affiliated labels including but not limited to:
• Side Artist Agreements
• Venue Agreements
• Master Use Licenses
• Artwork Agreements (to the extent 3rd Party consents are required)
• Quitclaim Letters
• Festival Agreements
• General Label Waivers
• Review audio-visual materials to highlight any trademark, side artist, or venue issues and if necessary, negotiate and obtain clearances and/or recommend edits to appropriate internal department(s)
• Create, maintain, and internally distribute a variety of status charts and reports, including but not limited to bi-weekly label/BA status reports
• Contract research
• Royalty account research to verify payee information and confirm various royalty obligations, including but not limited to artist, side artist, and third party royalties
• Review (and coordinate with B&LA) contest rules associated with sweepstakes, giveaways, etc.
• As necessary advise Film/TV in connection with guest artist appearances for purposes of negotiating appropriate synch fees
• Minimum of 2 years industry experience in business affairs, licensing or entertainment law firm.
• Additional skills: drafting, negotiating, business writing, multitasking, and knowledge of the music industry and intellectual property issues (e.g. copyright, trademark, etc.). Law degree required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
• Requires strong negotiation, time management, contract drafting and analytical skills to handle various challenges presented on a daily basis.