Manager, Artist Relations & Marketing
Sony MusicMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Coconut Grove, Miami
As part of the US Latin team, the Artist Relations & Marketing Manager will act as the liaison between the company and its artists. The ideal candidate will be developing and maintaining relationships with artists and their representatives to ensure our services are meeting their needs. This individual will develop and implement marketing plans for assigned artists/projects and coordinate the efforts for those projects across the label. This will include overseeing day-to-day artist communication, project management, strategic marketing, revenue / new business opportunities, and overall artist development. The ideal candidate for this role is highly-organized, forward-thinking, and ambitious. This individual must have a true passion for the music industry and developing the careers of artists.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
• Manage music releases, maintain campaign timelines, and oversee release logistics.
• Develop and execute well-thought-out marketing plans for music releases and assist in long-term career planning for Sony Music Latin artists.
• Oversee and lead campaign planning & strategy, product rollout, content creation, photo / video shoots, creative assets, artist travel logistics, publicity appearances, and more.
• Collaborate with all label departments including release planning, sales, A&R, digital, publicity, business intelligence, radio promotion, video production, licensing / merchandising, and business development to align efforts and maximize results.
• Creation and management of marketing budgets and oversee project P&L’s.
• Align with artist and management for campaign updates and communicate goals and plans for each release.
• Work with A&R and creative teams to gather all necessary assets to meet delivery deadlines.
• Collaborate closely with digital and commerce teams to formulate and implement digital plans, social media rollouts, and DSP campaigns.
• Brief teams on all release information and ensure results are communicated efficiently.
• Research and evaluate industry landscape and market trends.
• Identify and analyze new and innovative exposure and revenue generating opportunities for assigned artists.
• Work with International Marketing department to ensure marketing plans and project needs are met and executed on a global basis.
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
• Passionate music fan with a thorough understanding of the Latin music market. In depth knowledge of Latin Urban music is strongly preferred.
• At least 3-4 years of marketing, project management and/or artist relations experience in the entertainment industry.
• Demonstrated high-level relationship building, negotiation, and communication skills.
• Ability to read, write, and speak Spanish fluently strongly preferred
• Must be highly organized and capable of developing and keeping to a project timeline.
• Successful candidate will possess a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
• Must be adept in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint to create multiple artist schedules, budgets, and presentations.
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop considered a plus.
• Solid understanding of consumer trends and opportunities in the music industry.
• Ability to think creatively and independently, as well as collaboratively.
• Excellent communication and relationship skills with all levels of executives, management and administrative staff.
• Polished presentation and group speaking skills using various media.