Label Copy Coordinator
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Label Copy Coordinator, Release Planning is responsible for all assigned Columbia artists' label copy information (including all configurations physically & digitally for both U.S. and International product) as overseen by the Manager, Release Planning. The Label Copy Representative, Release Planning would also be responsible for facilitating cohesive communication between A&R, A&R Operations, Marketing, Copyright/A&R Administration and artist management as needed to compile all label copy and metadata.
• Responsible for compiling, inputting, confirming accuracy and proofreading label copy information into GRPS (including writers, publishers, sample clearance forms, credits & lyrics) for all assigned Columbia Records' artists so that payments can be properly dispersed and digital product metadata reflects properly with all partners & platforms including Apple Music, Spotify, YouTube, etc.
• Resolve discrepancies between label copy and master or artwork for all assigned artists.
• Send packaging components for any physical configurations (CD/Vinyl/DVD/BluRay art & copy) to the art director for all assigned artists to meet scheduled release dates.
• Liaison with several departments across the company (including A&R, A&R Operations, Marketing, Copyright/A&R Administration, art department, artist management) to determine clearances and delivery dates for all label copy of assigned artists.
• Liaison with IT for GRPS (label copy system) improvements and updates.
• Maintain label copy files for all assigned Columbia artists.
• College degree required.
• Music industry experience preferred.
• Prior release planning/production experience at a record label is strongly preferred.
• Individual must have excellent organizational skills.
• Outstanding attention to detail required.
• Excellent written and oral skills.
• Knowledge of GRPS system (or other label copy systems) a plus.
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word preferred.
• Knowledge of release process for both physical and digital product.
• Ability to manage many complex and time sensitive projects simultaneously & confidentially.
• Ability to collaborate and communicate with many persons (often very highly placed) in a tactful and diplomatic manner.