Sony MusicFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
Label Assistant - Nashville, Tn
Are you known among your friends as the most organized one in the group?
Do you have knowledge of and interest in the current music marketing landscape– and would love to use that knowledge supporting Christian music and worship artists?
Do you love being that behind-the-scenes person who supports others in achieving their goals?
If so, consider this position as a Label Assistant for Provident Label Group. We are looking for just the right person to support our marketing and promotion team members who help current fans – and future fans –discover and consume our artists’ music.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
• Provide administrative support for marketing and promotion leaders. Duties include the following:
• Schedule meetings and coordinate calendars
• Process invoices and check requests
• Track expenses for leaders and process expense reports
• Order product and assist with shipping items
• Coordinate travel arrangements and compile travel documents for expense reimbursement
• Process incoming and outgoing packages and mail
• Support PLG National Promotions team with the following duties:
• Create weekly radio chart updates
• Manage incoming requests for music servicing and product from radio station clients
• Serve as liaison to Music Tracking (BDS) for support and technical needs
• Complete quarterly payola compliance letters for all radio stations
• Coordinate with Marketing Directors on creation of certified plaques
• Coordinate food orders for meetings and events.
• Request publishing and licensing clearances from Business Affairs staff for PLG and Essential Worship artists
• Serve on rotation with other staff to fill in for company receptionist on lunches and breaks
• Assist with label events and attend industry events and artist appearances
• Stock supplies, take notes, and distribute information and music
• Assist Marketing Coordinators with closed caption on Provident videos as required.
• Answer PLG Website emails weekly
• Demonstrated ability to manage projects with excellence, typically gained through at least 1 year of experience in an administrative role
• Experience in music, lifestyle, entertainment, or other creative industry desired
• Demonstrated experience and understanding of the current marketing landscape and digital platforms
• Working knowledge of Christian music or the market place preferred
• Interest in supporting the music and platforms of Contemporary Christian and Worship music artists
• Demonstrated organization skills including experience coordinating multiple assignments and projects in a deadline-driven environment with effective resolution of conflicting priorities
• Ability to maintain composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions
• Ability to learn new duties and adjust to new situations encountered on the job
• Ability to exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and work to maintain constructive working relationships
• Ability to suggest and implement new systems for increased efficiency and accuracy of department responsibilities
The ideal candidate...
• A self-starter who gets things done with little oversight with excellence and on-time
• Proven organizational skills that work
• Has a heart for supporting people in accomplishing tasks
• Has a knack for anticipating rather than simply reacting
Provident Music Group is the Christian music division of Sony Music Entertainment. Provident employees work in an attractive corporate environment in the Cool Springs area of Franklin, Tennessee, and receive outstanding benefits including medical/dental/life/disability insurance, 401(k) match, AND 28 paid days off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
No relocation expenses will be paid.
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job! Be sure to identify any experiences related to the job requirements and the “ideal” candidate described above.
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps.
* Apply for this job online.
* Click on “Update Profile.” From there, upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter.
Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done.
We communicate with applicants by email. If you don’t receive an email confirming our receipt of your application, please check your spam filter and add us to your “allowed” email list: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.