Junior Creative, Content
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Junior Creative of Content will serve to support the Content team in developing compelling stories and content pieces for Legacy Recordings with a heavy focus on Hip Hop and R&B catalog.
• Support the Creative Director and producers on creative ideation and ownership.
• Lead copywriting for all Hip Hop and R&B verticals and owned and operated (O O) artist channels.
• Monitor trends in the digital and advertising industries to help push the envelope beyond traditional advertising with our content and marketing teams.
• Be immersed in the Hip Hop and R&B culture and help lead those verticals from ideation to execution working under the Creative Director.
• Work with the Creative and Editorial team to establish a roadmap for ongoing innovation and creative experimentation.
• Identify growth opportunities around artists/songs/genres that have stories which “must” be told with the goal of increasing consumer consumption by keeping our artists culturally relevant, interesting and top of mind.
• Assess talent and help to continuously ensure that the creative/editorial team has the right composition to push creative boundaries and deliver the best possible content.
• At least 2 years of relevant experience at an agency, label, media or marketing company or culturally similar environment with a proven track record in telling compelling stories around music.
• Prior experience as either a story researcher, copywriter or designer a plus.
• Keen understanding of digital and social content as well as long form storytelling.
• A creative thinker who has the ability to work with multiple personalities and partners on multiple priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to liaise effectively and efficiently across various departments including Marketing, A&R, the Digital team, Business and Legal Affairs, etc.
• Must have excellent understanding and articulation of writing for creative concepts.
• Must be able to work autonomously and own projects from start to finish.
• High visual aesthetic and is a keeper of maintaining a high standard of work.
• The proven ability to perform efficiently and effectively under pressure.
• Understanding of digital formats and how people are consuming content through all social channels including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Spotify, Apple Music, Twitter and Snapchat.
• Candidate must have a wealth of knowledge specifically in Hip Hop, R&B and more recent artists in our catalog.
• College degree preferred.
• Ability to travel as/when necessary.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.