IT Asset Manager
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Manages the administration of IT inventory and overall asset management.
The role is responsible for the management of a small team of resources focused on the execution of normal operations of the asset management life cycle and performing data analysis, exception identification, reporting, and tracking compliance. The role helps to ensure that the mechanics of the processes are executed accurately at all times and monitored, identify opportunities for improvements and works with the Business and IS&T leadership where necessary to implement agreed upon changes. The role will also assist in completion of routine & complex work requests associated with the process, as well as the development, implementation, and maintenance of policy, procedures, controls and performance standards. This a hands-on position and participates in most functions of the Information Technology Asset Management Process for IT assets which may include but is not limited to ordering, receiving, stock maintenance, asset assignment, inventory control, asset retention, asset reclamation, asset retirement and decommission, asset refurbishment and asset disposal. Management of other assets to varying degrees. Duties will extend to all US locations and maybe beyond.
In addition, aid in the development of any facility related requirements at headquarters space.
• A Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Management, Information Systems or Information Technology
• Strong knowledge of IT Asset hardware lifecycle management
• Required 5 years of experience in IT Asset Management
• Ability to lead a small team in all facets of the hardware asset management lifecycle
• Ability to work as part of the larger Finance team and to make recommendations for improvement to management
• Ability to analyze information and formulate work plans
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and the asset management team
• Ability to identify basic problems and procedural irregularities, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to identify and implement process improvements
• Ability to professionally document information, issues, work and/or incidents
• Ability to multi-task to work independently
• Detail oriented without losing sight of the broader view
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
• Possess good management skills and the ability to set expectations both internally and externally.
• Independent worker, well organized, with the ability to multitask.
• Ability to work well in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
• Proficient Microsoft Office suite of applications.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Demonstrate ability to make decisions based on sound rationale and judgment.
• Flexible and Results oriented individual