Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This individual will provide administrative support to the CEO’s office of one of our labels and will work closely with another Executive Assistant to partner together to help oversee the day-to-day functions of the CEO's office by providing a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. This individual will work very closely with the CEO of one of Sony Music's labels and will help support the office by answering phones, arranging travel, maintaining expenses, processing invoices and pulling industry charts. On the whole, the qualified candidate must be able to work in a high paced, fluid environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail and a sense of confidentiality with an eagerness to help the office run as smoothly as possible.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide administrative support to the CEO’s office - schedule meetings, arrange travel, manage correspondence and answer phones as needed for the office.
• Prepare business expense reports in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
• Maintain files, promotional product, archives, and other assets for the office.
• Order and maintain music product and office supplies for the team.
• Build and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the company as well as external partners and management.
• Conduct internal and external research as requested.
• Assist in presentations, pitches and the coordination and preparation of meetings as needed.
• Use MPS/PRS system to process department invoices and manage various budgets; give regular updates on payment status and budget projections.
• Pull together various industry charts, information and reports using a variety of tools including BDS Encore, Mediabase, and Soundscan.
• At least 2 years of prior administrative experience in a fast paced environment required.
• A college degree is strongly preferred.
• Proficient with both Mac and PC preferred.
• Working knowledge of the music business and entertainment industry is a must.
• Ability to converse with industry professionals using appropriate music jargon.
• Time management, attention to detail, and organizational skills are of the utmost importance.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and duties on a daily basis without getting overwhelmed.
• Proficiency in Computer skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Adobe Photoshop is a plus).
• Interest in A&R research preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to adapt well to constant change.
• An ability to follow through on all duties.
• Calm, positive, and professional demeanor.
• Ability to work with all types of personalities, resourcefulness, self-confidence and a sense of humor.
• Must be available to attend occasional evening showcases/events.
• Must be flexible and have the ability to work overtime as needed.