Executive Assistant- Human Resources
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This individual will provide administrative support to the Senior Vice President, Head of Human Resources, Americas. The Executive Assistant will ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the office. This individual will oversee the day-to-day functions of the executive and handle a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks. This individual will work very closely with the SVP and will help support the office by answering phones, arranging travel, maintaining expenses, processing invoices and other projects as necessary. On the whole, the qualified candidate must be extremely proactive, resourceful, driven, accessible and mature. Further the individual must have strong analytical skills. Must have proven ability to work effectively in a confidential, high paced, fluid environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail with an eagerness to help the office be as successful as possible.
Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Provide highly proactive administrative support to the SVP HR office - schedule meetings, arrange travel, manage correspondence, order supplies, answer phones and other projects and duties as needed for the office.
• Anticipate and assess the needs of executive to ensure their success.
• Use outstanding judgement and discretion to execute the assignment.
• Prepare business expense reports in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
• Build and maintain strong relationships across all levels of the company as well as external partners and management.
• Conduct internal and external research as requested.
• Assist in presentations, coordination, and preparation of meetings as needed.
• Process department invoices and manage various budgets; give regular updates on payment status and budget projections.
• Liaise with other assistants as necessary.
• At least 7 years of prior administrative experience required.
• A college degree is strongly preferred.
• Proficient with both Mac and PC preferred.
• Working knowledge of the music business and entertainment industry is a must.
• Ability to converse with industry professionals using appropriate music jargon.
• Proactivity, time management, responsively, professionalism, attention to detail, and organizational skills are of the utmost importance.
• Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and duties on a daily basis without getting overwhelmed.
• Proficiency in Computer skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Adobe Photoshop is a plus).
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to adapt well to constant change.
• An ability to follow through on all duties.
• Calm, positive, and professional demeanor.
• Ability to work with all types of personalities.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.