Director, Streaming Strategy & Marketing
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director, Streaming Strategy and Marketing will be responsible for building artist marketing strategies both on and off platform to promote streaming consumption for Sony Music’s catalog (Legacy Recordings).
• Develop on and off-platform digital strategies promoting catalog streaming consumption through robust advertising campaigns, owned channels, partnerships and more.
• Collaborate with Sony Music’s frontline labels on catalog streaming plans for on and off cycle artists.
• Work alongside sales team to maximize account support around tentpole moments.
• Collaborate and partner with a multi-disciplinary team to develop and maximize Legacy’s short-form video strategy.
• Test, assess and update best practices to maximize consumption, artist integrity and fan engagement.
• Identify and exploit real-time cultural moments involving Legacy’s content, maximizing consumption around syncs, memes and viral media.
• Manage reporting and analytics resources to measure effectiveness of campaigns and make informed recommendations.
• Communicate with global counterparts on current campaigns and export and import effective campaign practices.
• Identify new opportunities to reach audiences through tech, media partners, digital advertising, etc.
• Partner with the content team on creative elements for campaigns, working with internal creative teams and external agencies.
• Offer support to wider label team on streaming strategy and best practices.
• At least five years of relevant and progressive experience in the music industry – preferably in digital sales and/or digital marketing.
• Significant prior experience in music streaming, including broad understanding of account base and streaming best practices.
• Expertise in digital advertising strategy and analytics.
• Strong understanding of social media networks, their features and best practices.
• Collaborative nature with experience in managing a wide spectrum of personalities across labels, managers and artists.
• Intuitive understanding of streaming reporting tools and the ability to develop reporting based on consumption metrics.
• Strong working knowledge of the music industry, and a passionate commitment to music and artists.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multitask, and focus while working under stressful and demanding timelines.
• Must be curious and adaptable and accepting of abrupt change and unforeseen challenges.