Director, Regional Promotions / Columbia
Sony MusicNashville, TN
Full Time Job
As a Regional Director, you can put to use your exceptional communication skills and your motivation to get the job done by proactively promoting airplay for Columbia artists such as Luke Combs, Jameson Rodgers, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Maren Morris, Mitchell Tenpenny, and Tenille Townes.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
• Develop and implement airplay strategies for all Columbia Nashville artists within the Midwest Region
• Implement campaigns to benefit and break artists and projects in the country format
• Develop, cultivate and leverage relationships with staff at 25-30 radio stations
• Help create and develop album launch plans for label artists
• Travel to multiple markets
• Develop promotional plans around tour dates utilizing contest, interviews, and meet and greets.
• Manage on-site promotions at all Columbia Nashville artist's shows
• Work cross-functionally within Sony Music Nashville teams to develop plans to drive airplay.
• Manage travel and entertainment budgets
• Organize and maintain multiple SMN reports and administrative responsibilities
• Develop trade advertising campaigns for singles
• Experience in record promotions with proven success in meeting defined goals
• Experience with country label promotions preferred
• Extensive knowledge of the music industry(generally gained through 2 or more years of experience), particularly the role of airplay in driving sales
• Willing to work nights, weekends and travel as needed
• Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task with an emphasis on detail
• Working knowledge of digital technology, the digital music space, social media, and online digital marketing
• Proven ability to exhibit a professional manner and maintain constructive working relationships with others, including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the company
• Ability to adapt behavior and manner based on expectations and needs of audience
Sony Music Nashville includes three country label operations – Arista Nashville, Columbia Nashville and RCA Records Label Nashville. Enjoy a challenging and creative atmosphere in the music industry! Employees work in the Music Row area of Nashville, Tennessee, and receive outstanding benefits including 401(k) match, medical/dental/life/disability insurance, and generous paid time off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job! In particular, we encourage you to note in the first paragraph of your cover letter if you have experience in the country music industry, particularly within the area of airplay. Are you the ideal candidate described above that we should add to our team? Apply online (search for Nashville)
Note: if you have applied to a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps. First, apply for this job online. Then, go to our website and, after logging in, click on “Update Profile.” From there, you can upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done.