Director - Product Design
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is hiring a Director, Product Design to join our dynamic East Village (NYC) team.
• Manage and mentor a team of product designers
• Create designs, prototypes, research and other artifacts to support your team’s objectives, product vision and company goals.
• Balance existing visual and UX patterns with platform-specific patterns to achieve a consistent, intuitive experience.
• Seek out and prioritize feedback from stakeholders, engineering and design by sharing work early and often.
• Foster a collaborative, cross-disciplinary design process to facilitate conversations around project scope, technical challenges, and changing priorities.
• Use qualitative and quantitative research to inform and back up design decisions.
• 5 years' product design experience; 3 years' managing a product design squad
• Team player with proven success in meeting deadlines.
• Visionary who gains a deep understanding of your product space.
• Passionate problem solver with a proven user-centered design process.
• Creative and seek excellence in producing clean, intuitive and bold designs.
• Detail-oriented, but constantly considering the holistic user experience.
• Online portfolio that shows depth of projects and an end-to-end design process.
• Demonstrated experience in designing responsive web and mobile products a must.
• Familiar with interface design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator), prototyping tools (InVision, Framer, Principle), and web production tools (HTML/CSS).
• Leading design through the entire product lifecycle, from discovery and design iteration to user research and testing.
• A love for music and film a plus.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.