Director, Partner Development
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director, Partner Development manages Sony Music’s macro business relationship with a selection of its largest digital partners globally. The successful candidate will be a global internal expert on the digital accounts they support, and will be responsible for numerous aspects related to their operation, as well as for developing projects and initiatives that optimise revenue / opportunities for Sony Music’s artists at those accounts.
will include, but are not limited to, optimising Sony Music’s revenue at each account, initiation and management of projects to optimise account level opportunities, educating all levels of the business about key aspects of the partner businesses and being a key global contact for both the partner and internal stakeholders with respect to Sony Music’s evolving business with these accounts.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This role is based at Sony Music’s offices in New York and reports to the VP - Partner Development.
• Quickly develop extensive expertise and assume global responsibility for numerous aspects of Sony Music’s key distribution partnerships.
• Conduct business planning and forecasting, and implement and maintain regular communication of updates & insight.
• Help develop & implement long term strategy for optimizing outcomes with allocated partners.
• Project management across all relevant aspects related to the partner. This could include supporting operational integration, reporting, content strategies, ongoing analysis of partner performance, problem solving, etc.
• Develop new revenue initiatives with respect to allocated partners, and work with the wider Partner Development team on cross-partner initiatives to drive wider-landscape customer acquisition and ARPU optimization.
• Build strong relationships with key contacts at allocated partners, and internal stakeholders at all levels: including repertoire owners, international affiliates, operations, reporting & analytics, and senior management.
• Communicate to & educate internal stakeholders at all levels on best practices, operational procedure and complexities, analytics, and other opportunities.
• Establish transparency on performance and make recommendations to correct any under-performance.
• Represent Sony Music’s interests to the partner, and seek to develop solutions to perceived problems.
• Pro-active and resourceful go-getter who can flourish in a fast paced and hectic environment by identifying opportunities, coming up with creative solutions to maximise those opportunities, and driving plans through to completion.
• Outstanding attention to detail / results driven with a keen eye for data.
• Genuine passion for the music industry and growth of digital music sector.
• Strong relationships person.
• Excellent spoken, written, and presentation skills and ability to present to and influence people at all levels.
• Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree in business and/or digital marketing a plus.
• 3-5 years’ experience with artist management, label, or digital service provider in strategy, business development and/or digital marketing.
• 2-3 years’ experience with data analytics, predictive modeling, and insight based project development & implementation.
• Preferably someone who has developed expertise with all commercial models within the digital content landscape, including streaming, download and user-generated content models.