Director Of Marketing Analytics
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music Entertainment is undergoing a huge transformation driven by Data, Analytics, and Cognitive technologies. We have created a new team, lead by our CDO, focused on advancing Sony Music’s data strategy & capabilities around the world.
Using data-centric strategies, with design and technology principles in mind, we are developing products, tools, apps, and more that deliver actionable insights that help shape strategic thinking and drive business solutions for our labels. The teams goals are to:
• Provide business intelligence and technology solutions for use across the company’s labels and business units
• Create predictive tools and analytics platforms to enhance Sony Music’s capabilities in artist and partner discovery, solutions, commercial strategy, marketing, and A&R
• Enhance service to Sony Music’s artists and business partners
• Grow commercial opportunities
We are now looking for a Sr. Director/Director of Advanced Analytics (with an emphasis in Marketing) who will be using data to drive strategy. This role will be responsible for many things, but most noteworthy will be helping internal and client stakeholders take a scientific approach towards optimizing critical business and marketing decisions. Our forwarding thinking in Data Science & Analytics is a key differentiator that has contributed to our growth.
This position requires both strategic and tactical skill sets with an eye for numbers, intellectual curiosity, proficiency at problem solving, and a critical understanding of retail dynamics with expertise in offline & online media. The candidate must have a proven track record in data-rich analyses and be a team player. A “roll up the sleeves” approach is mandatory and a “get it done” attitude is a must. Specific responsibilities include coordination between the research, analytics & media teams ensuring high quality analytical projects are effectively delivered.
Successful candidates will be multi-dimensional strategic thinkers who can contextualize data effectively and turn numbers into actionable insights, and are able to communicate these succinctly to a broad client and media stakeholder audience.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• Conceptualize & refine analytics dashboards to improve the effectiveness of digital online and offline marketing programs
• Recommend appropriate analytics methodologies and be a subject-matter expert for advanced analytics and techniques, including in-market testing
• Design and enhance media planning optimization reports across omni-channels such as Search, Programmatic, Social, TV, and Digital Video platforms
• Supervise and mentor members of the analytics team
• Excellent communications skills. Strong presentation skills. Proven ability to develop a point of view, lead, and communicate complex, technical concepts to a broad audience
• Experience in a cross-functional team environment. Agency experience a big plus
• Minimum 10 years of experience in leading/performing analytics in marketing sciences capacity at a market research, consulting, media or retail firms
• Minimum 2 years of management experience
• Knowledge of media measurement:
• Ad serving platforms (e.g. DCM) and digital marketing metrics
• Website analytics software (e.g. Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
• Expertise in the digital marketing ecosystem
• Knowledge of syndicated media research & systems (Nielsen, comScore, MRI)
• Ability to look at the bigger picture and translate data into strategy
• Proficiency with visualization software (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI Pro, N3) and querying languages like SQL
• Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (optional)
• Familiarity with modeling techniques like logistic regression, random forests, etc. to be able to translate data science findings in a client-facing environment
• Strong analytical skills with solid foundation in statistical techniques