Director, Film / TV Licensing, Columbia Records
Sony MusicCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
The position of Director, Film & TV Licensing for Columbia Records will creatively pitch as well as negotiate sync deals for the label’s frontline repertoire across film, television, gaming companies, etc. This individual will maintain, build and develop relationships with various clients in order to secure music placements on behalf of Columbia. Responsibilities may include, though will not be limited to the following:
• Creatively pitch, procure opportunities and negotiate syncs for Columbia repertoire.
• Act as liaison for film and television production companies and music supervisors.
• Maintain, develop and create relationships with music supervisors, music houses, film studios, television networks, trailer houses, production companies, video game clients, etc.
• Disseminate information to clients as it pertains to new releases, priorities, and artist updates.
• Provide creative music pitches to clients as well as marketing strategies and artist integrations.
• Proactively communicate with clients for their creative music and artist needs.
• Maintain sync deals in the centralized licensing database.
• Remain informed of relevant entertainment industry knowledge, trends and innovation.
• Communicate internally on upcoming placements and applicable marketing initiatives.
• Interact with various internal departments, artists, artist representatives and major publishers.
• Minimum of 6 years of progressive experience in music licensing.
• Extensive relationships in the film and television community required.
• Provable track record securing music placement opportunities for artists.
• In-depth understanding of music licensing – music copyright, master and publishing rights; samples, interpolations, side artists, etc.
• Diverse musical knowledge across multiple genres.
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently.
• Excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
• Detail-oriented, organized, creative and business savvy.
• Competent negotiator and diligent record keeper.
• Strong networking skills.
• Self-starter with a track record of closing deals.