Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director, Catalog will focus on driving catalog campaigns and marketing globally. This role will work closely with product, label management, territory sales leads and data analytics to identify and develop high-potential content. The successful candidate will have deep musical knowledge and passion paired with a data-driven approach to drive a successful catalog marketing strategy globally. He or she will find innovative solutions to present and future opportunities and challenges by driving creative utilization of technology, relationships and Orchard content.
• Develop and operationalize strategies for catalog content working with labels to help them fully utilize The Orchard’s value proposition in order to build and engage their fans.
• Maintain strong relationships with labels to understand their priorities and marketing plans in order to identify opportunities.
• Use data to explore niche catalog opportunities across Orchard repertoire, developing local and pan-territorial campaigns.
• Define what a Catalog Marketing Initiative means in a world of streaming and develop a strategy for rolling out scalable Catalog Marketing Initiatives to our global client base of independent labels.
• Create and execute on budget to drive catalog initiatives across Orchard teams leveraging deep expertise in social media, advertising, interactive marketing, and content clean-up.
• Create and maintain an ongoing calendar of tent-pole events that can be leveraged to grow awareness of Orchard repertoire.
• Prepare case studies using data as evidence to provide feedback to stakeholders and the wider group regarding global catalog campaign marketing plans and strategies.
• Maintain up to date in-depth knowledge of global and local retail accounts across the world and ongoing retail opportunities to develop catalog.
• Minimum 7 years of experience growing and optimizing content.
• Deep musical knowledge and passion.
• Familiarity with basic data analysis principles and enterprise level BI tools.
• Ability to build strong, cross-functional relationships.
• Clear understanding of key retail accounts and marketing opportunities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills - organized, able to multitask, prioritize and maintain deadlines.
• Clear understanding of the present market situation, the rapidly evolving digital economy, and knowledge of and expertise with the technology and tools available.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment: capacity to engage, willingness to learn and to share ideas, positive attitude.
• Bachelors degree or higher strongly preferred.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is hiring a Director, Catalog to join our dynamic NYC office.