Director, Business and Legal Affairs
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music is looking for an experienced transactional attorney with an M&A background to join its transactional business and legal affairs team.
• Draft and negotiate a range of transactional and commercial agreements including: M&A-related agreements, joint venture agreements, equity acquisition agreements, non-disclosure agreements, consultant agreements, technology agreements, lease agreements, vendor/services agreements and licenses.
• Conduct and manage legal due diligence for potential transactions
• Advise on various inquiries from internal business units, including contract research
• 4 years’ experience at a major law firm (preferably in IP or Corporate)
• J.D. or LL.M. from a top law school
• Member of New York Bar in good standing
• Excellent negotiating and drafting skills
• Excellent analytical and communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to work with others within group and across divisions