Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
• Provide legal advice on technical issues presented by new music services.
• Provide historical background and framework of digital landscape for the purpose of advising on new digital partners.
• Draft and negotiate a wide variety of deals in connection with the digital distribution of Sony Music’s various intellectual property assets via a wide array of platforms and business models.
• Provide legal advice on a wide variety of contract, antitrust, copyright, trademark, corporate and privacy issues.
• Fundamental comprehension and appreciation of technology and devices.
• 3 years experience at a major law firm (preferably in IP or Corporate).
• J.D. from a top law school.
• Member of New York Bar in good standing.
• The ideal candidate is a quintessential “techie” by avocation.
• Excellent negotiating and drafting skills.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills (written and oral).
• Ability to work with others within group and across divisions.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.