Director, Asset Optimization
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director, Catalog Optimization will focus on driving catalog strategy in a streaming world. This role will work closely with data analytics, operations, product, and territory sales leads to maximize revenue for labels in a scalable, data-driven process. On your first day can you create a dozen test inputs that will create verifiable outputs? What data is required to properly perform a catalog diagnostic? What metadata needs to be reviewed for voice optimization? Can you interpret a regression model? The successful candidate will have deep musical knowledge and passion paired with a data-driven approach to drive a successful catalog marketing strategy globally. He or she will find innovative solutions to present and future opportunities (such as catalog optimization) and challenges by driving creative utilization of technology, relationships, and Orchard content.
The Orchard is hiring a Director, Catalog Optimization in our NYC office.
• Work with internal teams to optimize our catalog through the assessment of metadata gathered from our various labels and digital service providers.
• Use data to explore niche catalog opportunities across Orchard repertoire, developing local and pan-territorial campaigns.
• Develop and operationalize strategies for catalog content to help labels fully utilize The Orchard’s value proposition in order to build and engage their fans through social media, advertising, IOT (Alexa, Google Home), etc.
• Define what a Catalog Marketing Initiative means in a world of streaming and develop a strategy for rolling out scalable Catalog Marketing Initiatives to our global client base of independent labels and artists.
• Create and execute on budget to drive catalog initiatives across Orchard teams leveraging deep expertise in social media, advertising, interactive marketing, and content clean-up.
• Prepare case studies using data as evidence to provide feedback to stakeholders and the wider group regarding global catalog campaign marketing plans and strategies.
• Maintain up to date in-depth knowledge of global and local retail accounts across the world and ongoing retail opportunities to develop catalog.
• Manage and build a team.
• Self starter and driven problem solver.
• Great at managing people through rapid change and ambiguity.
• Very strong understanding of Excel and familiarity with Looker or other BI tools .
• Familiarity leveraging data to support and drive key decisions.
• Ability to build strong, cross-functional relationships.
• Experience optimizing content and metadata for market readiness .
• Clear understanding of key retail accounts and marketing opportunities.
• Clear understanding of the present market situation, the rapidly evolving digital economy, and knowledge of and expertise with the technology and tools available.
• Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment: capacity to engage, willingness to learn and to share ideas, positive attitude.
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or similar degree a plus.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit our website.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.