Director, Artist Services
Sony MusicMiami, FL
Full Time Job
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is looking for an Director, Artist Services to join our Miami office. You will report to Vice President, Global Sales and Marketing.
As a Director, Artist Services you will partner with a roster of high-priority Latin clients and will be essential to driving client satisfaction, engagement and revenue. You are a positive, smart, creative and analytical forward thinker, and an Orchard evangelist in and outside of the company. Managing your roster of clients, you will drive a strong release strategy with an emphasis on YouTube channel strategy from start to finish. You will execute on key channel support including optimizations, programming, analysis, reporting and troubleshooting with the purpose of driving engagement, revenue and maximizing the client experience. Your thorough understanding and passion for Latin music genres like reggaeton, trap, bachata, salsa, cumbia, Latin Pop and Rock will help to inform your strategy and ultimately drive audience growth for your top clients. You will be relationship-driven with a creative streak and have the ability to learn quickly, work autonomously and manage multiple deadlines. Your enthusiasm for video & technology will be second to none & your passion for music sets you ahead of the game.
• Collaborate with artists, labels and internal departments to create and execute effective artist development plans and strategies.
• Solely responsible for a roster of high priority clients and channels partnered with the Orchard’s MCN from initial launch through to channel strategy, programming and optimization work. Maintain high level of label and artist communication and engagement.
• Manage product logistics and operations in conjunction with a content manager, ensuring digital content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Orchard technology systems, and physical releases make their way to market by way of coordinating with sales, manufacturing, and inventory management.
• Execute various post-launch channel activities that enable channels to attain maximum reach and retention of users, maximize revenue, and super-serve clients based upon strict deadlines and priorities.
• Provide an extraordinary level of support for Video Services clients & internally to ensure that video content related issues are resolved immediately.
• Perform regular channel & video audits advising and executing on key takeaways. Utilize metrics like CMP, viewership and subscriber demographics to track, analyze and report on channel & category progress.
• Liaise with clients, interactive marketing & audience development and retail marketing teams to leverage YouTube around key release campaigns and isolate / develop tent-pole campaigns specific to Youtube.
• Work with labels, artists and Orchard advertising team to proactively plan and execute strategic global advertising campaigns to grow channel subscribers and views utilising metrics and tentpole activities.
• Liaise with all internal departments (from finance and marketing to legal and management) to ensure artist and label business needs are met, you will be the single point of contact externally and will be responsible for representing your clients’ interests.
• Utilize The Orchard’s internal data and analytics tools to inform marketing and campaign decisions.
• Ensure the global sales and marketing organization has all assets to properly solicit and market priority releases.
• Track pre- and post-release drivers and successes in internal and external priority campaign marketing documents and recaps.
• Serve as an expert for other staff members, answering key questions and providing advice and strategy.
• Proficient knowledge of the Orchard’s overall value proposition.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• 5 Years of experience working with high-priority, high-touch clients in the music industry.
• In-depth understanding of rapidly evolving digital landscape with proven ability to harness it in an effort to reach goals (e.g. user generated content, social media).
• Proven, hands-on YouTube channel management experience; YouTube certifications preferred.
• Strong experience with social media management (for example, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc.).
• Proven ability to act as a leader who instills confidence in your clients and thinks creatively to get the job done.
• Strong understanding and passion for Latin music including reggaeton, trap, bachata, salsa, cumbia, Latin Pop and Rock.
• Conversational and written fluency in Spanish; Ability to communicate & work effectively with various stakeholders (C level, clients, etc).
• Quick learner, flexible, able to handle frequent changes.
• Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft, Google, and Apple applications.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.