Coordinator, Rights Management
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Rights Management (Catalog Integration)
We are looking for a Coordinator, Rights Management to join our dynamic East Village (NYC) office.
As a Rights Management Coordinator, you’re impeccably accurate and detail-oriented while still able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize appropriately. You’re able to proactively pinpoint and report on issues that arise pertaining to your daily tasks, and would love to become familiar with YouTube’s CMS and other streaming platforms. You’re numbers-focused, with a keen eye for data and an appreciation for the spreadsheet. You’re driven and enthusiastic about joining a team where collaboration is key, and want to be part of a company at the forefront of the music and digital space. As a Coordinator on the Rights Management team, you will:
• Work extensively within Microsoft Excel and proprietary Orchard technology to perform a variety of metadata-based quality assurance tasks
• Review and approve content in The Orchard’s catalog for delivery to digital platforms, following set guidelines and maintaining a high level of speed and accuracy
• Provide an extraordinary level of support internally, as well as for our clients, rightsholders, and partners to ensure that content-related issues get resolved immediately (e.g. responding to inbound email requests)
• Maintain strong knowledge of proprietary platform technology (YouTube, SoundCloud, Facebook), along with the processes that pertain to it (e.g. Content ID system, weekly fingerprint/delivery cycle, BACON technology)
• Work closely with team members and management, communicating issues and roadblocks pertaining to department projects and procedures
• Consistently meet and/or exceed performance objectives and deadlines
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
• College degree preferred
• 1-2 years of work experience in data entry
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
• Keen eye and ear for audio and video content
• Consistently punctual and able to adhere to a set schedule
• Comfort in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Well-organized and attentive to detail; outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities
• Passion for, knowledge of, and appreciation for music!
• Experience working in a CMS such as YouTube
The Orchard is a leading independent music, film and video distribution company distributing music from artists such as Ozuna, G Herbo, and Nina Nesbitt as well as acclaimed movies like The Dawn Wall, Bart Layton’s American Animals, and Oscar-nominated films Life, Animated and Cartel Land. With cutting edge operations and an unparalleled global team, The Orchard partners with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is a leading music distribution company operating in over 40 markets worldwide. With a comprehensive artist & label services offering including full-service marketing, sync licensing, comprehensive video services, transparent data analysis, advertising, rights management, digital and physical distribution and more, The Orchard empowers creators and businesses to grow and adapt in the dynamic global industry. For further information, visit our website.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.