Coordinator, Rights Management
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Rights Management (Catalog Optimization)
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta, as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films, and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social, and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
We are looking for an organized, self-motivated Coordinator to join our Rights Management Team to help cultivate and scale our business, executing on a value proposition that drives client satisfaction, engagement and revenue!
As a Rights Management Coordinator, you’re impeccably accurate and detail-oriented while still able to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize appropriately. You’re able to proactively pinpoint and report on issues that arise pertaining to your daily tasks, and would love to become familiar with YouTube’s CMS and other streaming platforms. You’re numbers-focused, with a keen eye for data and an appreciation for a spreadsheet. You’re driven, enthusiastic about joining a team where collaboration is key, and want to be part of a company at the forefront of the music and digital space.
• Work extensively within Microsoft Excel and proprietary Orchard technology to perform a variety of metadata-based Quality Assurance projects
• Audit content maintained in YouTube’s CMS with a high level of detail, speed, and accuracy
• Manage multiple, daily operational tasks to ensure proper management of The Orchard’s digital assets on YouTube
• Provide an extraordinary level of support internally, as well as for our clients, rights-holders, and partners to ensure that content-related issues get resolved immediately (for example, responding to inbound email requests)
• Maintain strong knowledge of proprietary platform technology, along with the processes that pertain to it (for example, Content ID system, weekly fingerprint/delivery cycle, BACON technology)
• Work closely with team members and management, communicating issues and roadblocks pertaining to department projects and procedures
• Consistently meet and/or exceed performance objectives and deadlines
• Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
• College degree preferred
• 1-2 years of work experience in data entry
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Google Docs
• Keen ear and eye for audio and video content
• Consistently punctual and able to adhere to a set schedule
• Comfortable in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, and able to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
• Well-organized and attentive to detail; outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Impeccable follow-up and follow-through capabilities
• Exhibits an interest in professional growth
• Passion for, knowledge of, and appreciation for music!
• Experience working in a CMS such as YouTube or Vevo
About The Orchard®
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.