Coordinator, Publishing Services
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard has an immediate opening for a full-time Coordinator, Publishing Services. The NYC based position will support the Director in executing all tasks and initiatives related to The Orchard’s music publishing services, playing an integral role in mechanical license administration. The position will perform quality control operations on The Orchard’s catalog related metadata while liaising with The Orchard client team, licensing partners and music publishers. The person should have an understanding of music publishing, be comfortable working with large data sets and have strong technical skills. A keen eye for detail and a love for all types of music is a must.
• Review, vet and normalize clients’ catalog metadata to ensure accuracy and formatting consistency.
• Conduct online research to identify publishing rights ownership and contact information.
• Prepare and send license requests to independent music publishers and The Orchard’s licensing partners.
• Field daily inquiries from stakeholders regarding licenses and other publishing related matters.
• Coordinate with The Orchard’s client team, royalty accounting department and licensing partners to execute internal processes and maintain tracking spreadsheets.
• Generate ad hoc manual royalty accounting statements.
• Assist with registering ownership of administered publishing catalogs across a variety of music organizations.
• Generate detailed license status reports for distribution to clients, music publishers and internal staff.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel is required.
• Basic knowledge of the music publishing industry and US public domain guidelines.
• Highly organized with an ability to track and prioritize a high volume of projects and adjust to changing priorities.
• Innovative problem solver with a detail-oriented work ethic and a desire to build and maintain new methods and solutions for organizing and tracking complex systems and relationships.
• Ability to quickly learn to navigate The Orchard’s internal systems to accomplish a wide variety of tasks.
• Knowledge of MySQL is a strong plus.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.