Coordinator - Finance
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position will provide administrative support to CFO, RCA while assisting the Finance Department with various requests. The position also supports the Royalty Business Lead The Coordinator, Finance duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Run basic financial system queries (in SAMIS, SAP, Soundscan, Lookup Tables, others) to support department requirements.
• Prepare various ad hoc analyses requested by the CFO, RCA.
• Maintain the departmental T&E approver list.
• Update various spreadsheets for month end close.
• Assist in monthly preparation of contribution margin P&Ls.
• Update Soundscan information for monthly sales return reserve analysis.
• Code overhead invoices and liaise with the Accounts Payable department.
• Prepare, review, and post month end general ledger entries to SAP as needed.
• Prepare month end commentary schedules.
• Run international sales report.
• Prepare quarterly best seller list for PwC review.
• Coordinate and prepare the monthly results book and distribute to senior RCA management.
• Liaise with Travel Accounting as the point person for travel expense issues as needed.
• Perform general administrative duties for the CFO, RCA and overall finance department.
• Review and approve expense reports.
• Create artist contract files
• Review royalty statements monthly
• Manage contract flow and keeping up to date on contract updates (CARMA)
• Follow up on requests Manage label requests (Internal/external)
• Conduct audit research and review of Audit deliverables from ES to the label
• Catalog outstanding issues and ensure follow up
• Compile analysis for artist/producer royalties
• Prepare new release analysis
• Attend meetings with RBL and take notes as needed
• Work with other ES departments (i.e. Accounting, Audit, Operations) to resolve issues
• Responsible for ad hoc special projects
• Minimum 1 year administrative office experience; experience working in a royalty/finance related industry a plus
• Accounting or Finance degree preferred.