Coordinator, Content Management
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is looking for a Coordinator, Content Management to join our dynamic NYC (East Village) team.
Reporting to the Manager, Content Management, the Coordinator, Content Management will be based out of our New York City office. This position will be responsible for supporting an assigned group of NY based label managers on content management and digital production needs across their managed label rosters. The ideal candidate will be accountable, have strong attention to detail, documented understanding of metadata best practices, and solid technical capabilities.
• Work closely with an assigned group of NY based label managers and directly with their roster of distributed labels on content management needs.
• Manage assigned rosters’ audio and video digital product logistics and operations; ensuring digital content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Orchard technology systems; and potentially assist label managers in physical product management.
• Manage complex digital release set-ups in accordance with label and campaign specified needs.
• Responsible for verifying audio, video, metadata and artwork in accordance with The Orchard’s content guidelines and style guide conventions.
• Process deletions, take downs, pricing adjustments, DSP and territories adjustments, and any updates required of existing catalog.
• Experience & knowledge of using content management systems and digital metadata across a variety of genres.
• Supreme attention to detail is critical.
• Advanced organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize to tight deadlines, stay cool under pressure, and hold oneself accountable to results.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to speak effectively both internally and externally to our labels.
• Passionate about music and distribution.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.