College Marketing Representative
Sony MusicLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/21/2018 9:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for College Marketing Representative jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all College Marketing Representative postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a College Marketing Representative? As a paid part-time employee for The Orchard, you’ll be an influential advocate for artists that The Orchard distributes through implementing creative digital and in-person marketing strategies. Our College Marketing Reps are tastemakers in their market who have a strong online presence and work with local businesses, record stores, DJs, promoters, campus organizations, etc. to execute creative campaigns. College Reps focus on new releases and tour support for our thriving up and coming artists as well as established artists, covering a wide range of genres. Our Reps typically promote 4-6 album releases per month, in addition to tours and one-off promotions that pop up. Orchard College Marketing Reps have a great opportunity to increase their exposure in the music industry and within their local community, as well as gain a foot in the door at a major player in the entertainment industry.
• Create and drive awareness of our artists by liaising with and building relationships with influencers in your markets such as: your college radio station, DJs, campus groups, greek organizations, college newspaper and local sites/rags to exploit all opportunities for exposure such as reviews, radio plays and interviews
• Maintain a local Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram account that promotes the artists you’ll be working with, utilizing digital and physical assets that are supplied to you
• Research & attend local and campus events and organize listening events that will best facilitate the promotion of our artists
• Research appropriate online sites, forums, networks for the target demographic for each artist
• Distribute physical promotional items at record stores, lifestyle shops, and on campus
• Attend competitive shows to hand out schwag
• Attend our artists shows to hand out promotional tools and get feedback
• Write a detailed report on your marketing & promotions accomplishments every 2 weeks, submitting photos of your physical marketing efforts and screenshots of your digital marketing efforts
• Maintain a local hit-list that contains contact information for key influencers, businesses, campus organizations, radio stations, etc. that you work with during your time as a College Marketing Representative
• Maintain timely communication with our management team in New York City (note this is a remote position)
• You will gain real world music industry experience that will be a great addition to your resume.
• An opportunity to express your creativity in your digital marketing campaigns, concert/album reviews, as well as while brainstorming promotional ideas for various artists.
• Access to inside information that will improve your marketing outreach
• Free ticket(s) into our artists’ shows & possible meet and greet passes
• Build valuable relationships within your local music industry
• many more!
• Must be currently enrolled as an Undergraduate college student in a 4 year university with 2 or more years before graduation in Los Angeles.
• Must be able to manage your own hours and be accountable for the work assigned to you
• Availability of 15 hours a week
• A love of music and an understanding of how your peers discover and consume music
• A deep interest in the music business & marketing
• An active presence on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram - YouTube a plus
• Involvement in a campus organization is a plus
• Well-written and well-spoken
• Friendly, polite, persuasive and determined
• A digital camera
• Flexible scheduling for conference calls and tour coverage
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.