Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sony Music’s innovative and growing merchandising company The Thread Shop is looking to hire a Brand Manager to help oversee The Thread Shop’s artist roster. This individual will work with the unique needs, opportunities and challenges of our artists to deliver client service and marketing support in a variety of categories including brand development, strategy, consumer marketing and problem solving. This person will be the central owner of the brands and will work cross-functionally with sales, licensing, tour, e-commerce, and operations teams to help develop and execute strategic plans while building and maintaining strong positive relations with the artists.
• Define the strategy and vision for each artist signed to The Thread Shop.
• Partner with artists and their management to develop merchandising strategies for brand building and revenue generation.
• Liaison between artist/management and The Thread Shop divisions (Creative, Sales, E-Comm, Tour, Licensing, Finance) on requests and concerns.
• Develop and maintain a strong business partnership relationship with each artist.
• Ownership of each artists’ P&L.
• Oversee development of creative materials for artist roster.
• Help to develop and execute marketing campaigns around artist merchandise.
• Oversee the development of existing and potential client presentation materials.
• Manage day to day product approvals between production, sales, licensing, and artist management.
• Possesses client services and marketing experience.
• Proven track record of fan/consumer engagement planning, strategic marketing development, and execution.
• Has the ability to anticipate, communicate, and help resolve issues as they arise.
• Has strong interest in music and merchandising.
• Experience in multi-cultural marketing.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Marketing and product management oriented while adhering to budgets and profitability.
• Team player.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing / project management.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.