Associate Director, Partner Development Analytics
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Do you have a passion for music? Do you love digging deep into analysis and telling compelling stories through data? If yes, then a career at Sony Music might be right for you!
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This position is part of Sony Music Entertainment’s Digital Partner Development group. This division focuses on the global management of Sony Music’s Digital Partners with the goal of maximizing revenue through SME’s world class artist catalog globally. The Manager, Partner Development Analytics is responsible for providing insights at a global level regarding the performance of Sony Music’s top digital accounts. This person will create compelling global analyses to be utilized by account managers and senior management to help drive sales, market share, and partner relationships for Sony Music.
• Understand digital partner revenue forecasting models - identify trends in the data and overall digital landscape to increase accuracy and robustness of models
• Utilize internal data systems and analytics tools from Sony Music's digital partners to synthesize data into custom insights and actionable findings
• Conduct deep dive analyses for special projects focusing on market share, subscriber growth, digital revenue maximization,
• Collaborate with internal teams – labels, sales teams, business development – and share findings from analyses
• Understand data sources and systems to ensure data integrity and report accuracy
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or other related technical or analytical field of study or an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree required
• Ability to write complex SQL queries using complex joins, nested sub-queries, aggregation, window functions etc.
• Experience with data manipulation and visualization such as Alteryx and Tableau is preferred
• Strong Excel skills and experience designing PowerPoint presentations
• Analytical mindset - ability to identify trends in large datasets, display creativity in problem-solving, and generate new ideas
• Be able to get into the weeds with data but also have a big picture view to ask the so-what
• Thrive working independently, pro-actively, and in a solution-oriented manner
• Highly organized team player who is detail oriented
• Ability to thrive in fast paced environment, manage multiple tasks at once, and work to deadlines
• Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively report findings and influence change within the organization
• Passion for music and desire to build a career in the industry
• Experience running advanced statistical analyses using R or Python is preferred