Associate Director, Interactive Marketing & Audience Development
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is looking for an Associate Director, Interactive Marketing & Audience Development to join our dynamic NYC (East Village) office.
The Orchard is looking for an Associate Director of Interactive Marketing and Audience Development to manage our extremely motivated and forward-thinking team. In order to provide top-notch service to our partners across music and video, you will work with labels, artists, and managers to conceptualize creative and compelling marketing campaigns. In the ever-expanding digital space you will be expected to execute measurable initiatives in order to increase interaction, generate demand, views, engagement, and subscribers for our partners.
In this role you will act as both a manager and individual contributor, rolling up your sleeves on a daily basis to get things done. You possess strong instincts honed through practical experience, an inherent strategic and creative mindset, and the ability to see the 'big picture' in order to articulate the necessary steps to achieve desired results.
• Act as a catalyst. This includes outlining department goals, providing the team with measurable performance goals, prioritizing campaigns and managing the team’s workload.
• Conceptualize and execute marketing campaigns in order to remain at the forefront of marketing.
• Analyze the impact of promotions and programs and the worth of various segments of fans.
• Utilize your in-depth knowledge of platforms and tools to build audiences, engage fanbases and drive demand.
• Be client facing. Contribute to new partner pitch meetings and participate in business review presentations.
• 6-8 years' experience as an entertainment industry marketer.
• Experience leading small to mid-sized teams, the ability to drive the conversation while still allowing team members to contribute.
• In-depth knowledge of content marketing, consumption habits, fan communication methods, and social trends.
• Ability to be both creative and data driven.
• Familiarity with emerging technologies and applications, and having a total understanding of key platforms.
• Experience applying analytics to create measurable, actionable campaigns.
• Having an understanding of reporting methods and having the ability to report across a comprehensive set of meaningful metrics.
• Experience working with cross-functional teams – working with sales, label managers, content creators, digital advertisers and brand specialists.
• Proven ability to source and cultivate relationships with third parties.
• Ability to foster relationships and incorporate brand partnerships into marketing campaigns.
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.