Associate Director - Business Development
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As the Associate Director of Business Development, you will join a small group of data-savvy negotiators that focus exclusively on executing digital partnerships. Your role will have direct influence on industry developments and work on deals that benefit Sony’s entire artist roster, from legends, like Calvin Harris and Beyoncé, to up-and-coming stars, like LSD and Leon Bridges.
This is a junior role on the Business Development team that will be expected to have a big impact. You will start as team support, with tasks including analysis of existing deal performance, detailed financial projections, and recommendations for deal terms and structures. Eventually you will develop, lead, and execute your own deals directly with SME’s external partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are MOST interested in YOU if you:
• Share our passion for music and digital media
• Can quickly add value with a strong analytical skill set and/or deep music-industry knowledge
• Enjoy both collaborative and self-directed projects and can work effectively in each mode
• Communicate articulately, actively solve problems, and offer a unique perspective
• Have a track record of finding creative solutions that generate positive outcomes
You will be successful in this role if you:
• Demonstrate a high level of proficiency with data analysis and scenario modeling
• Can see the ‘big picture’ and translate high-level strategy to its day-to-day implementation
• Create persuasive deliverables with the appropriate detail for decision-makers
• Excel at building strong relationships and managing expectations across many stakeholders
• 4-year undergraduate degree
• At least one of the following:
• MBA from top tier program, and 1-2 years relevant digital media experience
• JD from a top tier program, and 1-2 years in a BD or sales role
• 4-6 years’ experience in either: a top tier management consultancy, investment banking, corporate / business development, or a similar digital media position
Sony Music is a global recorded music label, and part of a portfolio of Sony Entertainment brands creating blockbuster films, consumer-friendly electronics, and mind-bending VR.
At Sony Music, we are passionate about helping our artists succeed in an industry that sees constant change and innovation. The Global Digital Business team is on the front lines, ensuring that we make the most of our relationships with major digital partners, such as Apple, and work with the most exciting digital music startups, like Spotify. We strive to be ahead of the curve and shape how customers connect with artists and content they love.