Analyst, Finance & Deal Administrator
Sony MusicRutherford, NJ
Full Time Job
The Analyst - Finance & Deal Administrator position is within the Global Digital Business Group. This role will support the procedures around digital revenue processing and account management from a reporting perspective.
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
• Point person for financial reporting, partner marketing and financial accounting. Facilitates any necessary coordination with internal teams such as Legal, Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Finance, IS&T, Artist Royalties and Copyright to ensure respective department users remain current.
• Work with the Business & Legal Affairs (BLA) and Business Development (BD) to understand the terms and nuances of the digital deals to be able to implement the financial elements of the deal in the sales reporting requirements; the Deal Administrator is ultimately responsible for financial sign-off on reporting integrations.
• Escalate partner issues to BLA, BD, and Sales, provide them with visibility to overall compliance of the partner especially when the deal approaches end of term or when the deal is being renegotiated.
• Coordinate with the Credit/AR group on matters concerning partner statements and payment, this includes; directing cash management, where to apply the partner statement, communication with the partner on outstanding statements and payments, logging details in the Deal Administration database and ensuring all necessary documents are copied and properly organized in the partner folder.
• Liaise with the Business Account Managers, IS&T, Finance and Royalties to ensure reporting covers all sales, marketing, financial, and royalty needs for business analysis.
• Coordinate with IS&T and Royalties to communicate partner specific details which impact their systems and their ability to account properly to the artist/publisher; for example – defining new products, services, distribution channels, notification for pricing abnormalities and processed revenue.
• Ensure partner information is maintained/current in Deal Administration database.
• Ensure partner files are retrieved and available for reconciliation, processing, and analysis.
• Responsible for processing files – ensuring sales transactions reflect products, services and pricing based on contract. Address any file format issues with IS&T, and when necessary coordinate with Ops & L&BA on clearance issues and Release Planning for product setup.
• Conduct 3pt reconciliation for each partner reporting period. If there is a discrepancy, will need to work with the partner to ensure reconciliation and notify impacted internal teams with progress of solution(s). Upon successful 3pt reconciliation, will be responsible for reviewing and processing the file.
• As needed, conduct regular meetings with partner and relevant internal teams when reporting challenges arise in order to get the partner compliant.
• Will assist with managing 1 off-shore resource.
• Will assist with special projects as needed.
• 1-2 years experience with project management in the areas of Finance or New Media/Advertising with working knowledge of account management & sales reporting a plus.
• Entertainment / music industry experience with an interest in music being is ideal.
• Bachelor’s Degree with concentration in Accounting, Finance, New Media or Information Systems and Technology.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to proactively and productively work in team settings, including being receptive, open minded and objective when encountering diverse points of view.
• Well organized, detail oriented.